lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Dan9043
Not Yet Wild

Default Headlight Fuse 2009 Precedent Electric

Hi, headlights went out....have turn signals, tail lights etc.....I suspect a fuse but where is it? Is there a fuse box somewhere? Is it inline? Where? Many thanks. dan
Dan9043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Headlight Fuse 2009 Precedent Electric

Typically a single fuse is responsible for all lighting and not just the headlights on Precedent models. Check the bulbs. Do you have the lights hooked up to 16 Volts without a reducer? If you do, that may be your problem. The taillights can handle the extra voltage better than the headlights can.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . also trace your negative wire from headlights to where it is connected to battery negative source . . . may have came lose or corroded giving bad connection . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
Dan9043
Not Yet Wild

I have had the cart for a year with no issues. I think eveything on it was done by the CC dealer. When the lights went out there was a slight 'pop' noise which is why I thought it might be a fuse. Any idea where it would be hiding?
Old 11-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9043 View Post
I have had the cart for a year with no issues. I think eveything on it was done by the CC dealer. When the lights went out there was a slight 'pop' noise which is why I thought it might be a fuse. Any idea where it would be hiding?
. . . assuming no fuse block is installed, the fuse for the lights would be an inline fuse on the positive wire feeding the light harness . . but as Tahoe stated, one fuse typically feeds the light harness, which includes the tail lights, so when it blows, ALL lights go out . . . the fact that only your headlights are out brings suspicion to either bulbs or loss of ground connection for headlights . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
Dan9043
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Steve....how does the lens cover come off??...no visible screws etc.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
cmar143
Gone Wild

The light bulb comes out from the rear. Just grab the harness and turn ccw and pull it back out of the lens.
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car