lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
raveneffect32
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 Par Car Running Slow

Currently have a 2009 Columbia Par Car VIN#: 5FCLS36A591000226. Out of 2 other ParCars here, we have one that will only go very slow, much slower than the other 2. Read up this could be a Speed Encoder issue, but i was wondering if there was anything else i can look at and test before i spend the money on a Dealer coming out, or maybe even a problem that i can fix on my own (have electrical experience).

Thanks for all your help.
raveneffect32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: 2009 Par Car Running Slow

Go Coast Guard! Following the previous post with the 2010 Summit, just about follow the same steps. You can't test the LAD like the old potbox set up, so you pretty much would need the dealer to check for you. It only takes about five minutes once the calibrator is hooked up, so mostly you're looking at travel time ou to Alameda. I know you guys know how to do the chargers now, so feel free to call me and ask about other items too. You have my number. John.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
raveneffect32
Not Yet Wild

did some more troubleshooting today, found out the pedal isnt allowing the cart to get to full speed. is this a linkage issue or a microswitch that i need to adjust. For either, how do you adjust these? The owners manual does not cover these adjustments.

Thanks
raveneffect32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

you have an LAD inthat unit. It's the silver box under the hood that says Sevcon. It has some adjustment to it on the side mount, otherwise adjust where the clevis yoke attached to the push rod.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar