lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
finishyourproject
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Hello, New to the site and also need a lot of help.

I have a couple of questions on an older electirc 36v Club Car. First off, I have started a kinda side business called Finish Your Project with a group of friends. We do almost anything from repairing/modifying lawn equipment, cars, trucks, trailers, golf carts, motorcycles to building things like sheds, decks, hunting blinds and lawn ornaments. Well, this spring someone came to me with a club car that needed brakes. I resurfaced the drums and installed new shoes and it was great. Now it is back with electrial problems. The guy has swapped out a couple of the original batteries for ones from the local autoparts store and the posts and alot of the wiring has so much corrosion that you can barely tell if at all what is what. He got an astronomical price from a dealer to repair the problems. Basically add a few bucks and he could buy a new one. Now it is in my lap and the first thing I need to do is track down the short it has when you put it in reverse. It almost kills the fully charged batteries if you put it in reverse more that a couple of times. If you can go forward all day the batteries hold their charge. Then I need to basically re-wire the whole cart, there are broken and spliced back together wires every where. Where should I start looking for the short and where could I find a wiring diagram with a parts list. Then I also need to figure out what year/model I am working on because The owner does not remember and can't seem to locate his paperwork. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by finishyourproject; 06-17-2008 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Grammer,puncuation
finishyourproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hello, New to the site and also need a lot of help.

WELCOME FINISHYOURPROJECT !!!

Grab a copy of the wiring diagram in the 'stickies' at the top of this section. Clean all connections and replace all the corroded cables and wires. By then you may have fixed your problem. If not, you will now be familiar with the basic workings and ready to find the problem. A voltmeter is a must.
PS;
finishyourproject, when you done with that cart.......
Please come to 4474 W. Adams Street. Winchester, Ca.
I need you to finish the block planters in the back yard and plant flowers in them. When you are done....
please fix the mower for the tractor and then mow the lower fields. After that...
Could you install the fans my wife bought yesterday in the barn for her horses. Thanks.
Then put the gate opener (it's in the shed) on the gate. You can get power off of the breaker panel at the well, be sure to bury the conduit deep.
When that's done here is a short list of stuff to keep you busy till I get home from work and can help:
What a Great idea!!!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum finishyourproject..........................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
finishyourproject
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: Hello, New to the site and also need a lot of help.

Im in the process of replacing all the battery cables and wires that have not yet been repaired/broken/spliced. I have a feeling whoever was under here to fix the wiring might have crossed a few. Plus this is a STOCK cart that has been treated like an ARGO. I didn't know you could wedge so much debris under one of these things. I have filled 1 and a half 5 gallon buckets alreay of crud and it looks like I have'nt touched it. Now as far as your projects go, if you were a little more local I would be glad to finish all of those things for you. Thanks for the input and one more thing, I do I find out the model and year of the cart. I found the vin tag, so when I get it cleaned up, I hope I can read the numbers. Thanks again!
finishyourproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's just the short list! I don't think I put any GCs on it Good luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car