lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Battery Watering System

I was reading about this one because our new fleet is going to have a system installed from E-Z-GO and I've been telling the pro he needs to use only distilled water (we currently get about 3 years out of the batteries), but he doesn't care because they are leased.

http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/catalo...d=1292&id=3699

Anyway, this stood out to me.

If you fill your batteries with water from a garden hose, then please choose the option with the fill gun. You will fit the gun up to the mating end of the watering fill point, turn the water on, and the batteries are filled correctly and instantly every time.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
sunking
Gone Wild

Default Re: Battery Watering System

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanharleyk View Post
I was reading about this one because our new fleet is going to have a system installed from E-Z-GO and I've been telling the pro he needs to use only distilled water (we currently get about 3 years out of the batteries), but he doesn't care because they are leased.
Well I certainly understand your pros POV. Why waste good money if the carts are leased and replaced every 3 years. That cuts into profits. So for him he makes more money using tap water and could care less what it does do the batteries. It's not his problem.

It only becomes a problem for him to loose money wasting it on distilled water, when it gains him nothing.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
JRay
**** guzzler
Club Car

Yea like changing the oil in a lease car. Can't believe i said that.
JRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRay View Post
Yea like changing the oil in a lease car. Can't believe i said that.
In before you change it!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #5
JRay
**** guzzler
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
In before you change it!
Splain you lost me?
JRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
TDOG
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I would be careful on this. Does the battery warranty come from E-Z-GO or Trojan? Either way there may be fine print stating that the battery warranty is null and void if the batteries are filled with anything besides distilled water. I know you void the warranty if you let the batteries run dry.
TDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRay View Post
Splain you lost me?
Your post sounded like you didn't really want to be quoted, LOL!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #8
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Average life span for batteries on a golf course fleet is 3 years. Distilled is suggested, but in a course situatiuon, hose water that isn't high in mineral content is fine. VERY few courses use distilled - I mean VERY FEW. You're lucky now-a-days that the pro remembers to put water in them at all. I battled this for years in the industry! This sounds a bit backwards, but on a golf course and a 3 year lease - just keep 'em wet!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #9
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Average life span for batteries on a golf course fleet is 3 years. Distilled is suggested, but in a course situation, hose water that isn't high in mineral content is fine. VERY few courses use distilled - I mean VERY FEW. You're lucky now-a-days that the pro remembers to put water in them at all. I battled this for years in the industry! This sounds a bit backwards, but on a golf course and a 3 year lease - just keep 'em wet!
Battery maintenance is left up to a couple of 16 yo cart boys, so you know how good it is handled

Carts are on a 4 year lease and around the 3 year mark they start failing. I've had to use 3 carts to get thru 18 holes a couple of weeks ago, most of the time it takes two.
So now you have to figure out is the extra charging time costing more than the distilled water would have cost and the extra labor (and headache) of them having to run carts all over the course to players who have called the proshop needing a replacement.

New E-Z-Go's are on the way in March and the last I heard was they haven't decided between RXV's and the TXT's, but I'd figure on the cheaper model.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #10
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

RXV = 4 year warranty
TXT will be the PDS cart. Tgere is no more fleet series cart from EZGO any more...

4 years on a golf course with original batteries is a S T R E T C H...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts