lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #11
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need suspension help

Those pictures are much better! Lift doesn't look that bad - especially if it has been on for 7 years. Looks like the steering risers are too short - But I'm suspecting that your front leaf springs may be a tad "sprung". If you replace with some new HD OEM fronts, you'll probably regain the needed height for proper clearance...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #12
John Morgan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond007 View Post
Yeah, they put on a 6' lift when I bought the cart about 7 yrs ago; guess I got a cheapo lift. They said the front was a 3" drop axle with getting another 3" by flipping the springs over.

The front axle has shock extensions but the rear does not. It has risers welded to the sprindles; I never really looked closely at any of it before until one of the risers broke off a few weeks ago and I had to weld it back on.

I didn't notice the tie rod being in the way of the springs until the other day when I was looking at it to see how tough it would be to mount a independant front to the frame.

I think I see what you are talking about; moving the tie rod ends from the bottom of the Pitt arm to the top? I'll try that, looks like it will give another inch of clearance.....has only about 1/2" now.
You wanted a cheep no cost fix, well thats as cheep as i can get it for you by moveing the rods to the top. as for the washers on the front axle spring, that will help a little; but dont tilt that axle to much or it will have your front axle out of plane and affect your steering.... CREW CHEFF PRO/MOD DRAG BIKE JOHN MORGAN
John Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #13
bond007
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys.....I'll get these things done and see if I can't get a smother ride. It sucks the way it is when the front hits it bottoms on the tie rods bouncing the front in the air, when the rear hits, it bounces then the shocks top out and pulls the rear off the ground. What a ride...lol
bond007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO