lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Question yellow batt. light

As I'm told this light can mean several different things. When charging, mine blinks intermit., comes on for about 3-4 seconds, off for about 3-4 seconds. I unplug the charger, which is reading 0, and the light stays off. All this after I know my cart should not be fully charged, my lcd batt. indicator is also about 1/2? Are my batts. crashing? "Murphy's Law", I'm about to go to the Fort and this has never happened before?
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2007, 03:31 PM   #2
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: yellow batt. light

Hummm!!! strange sometime those idiot lights are just crap!!!!!! are you getting normal run time or does it need to be charged more then normal?
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #3
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

I'm going to check voltage when I get home. The cart had some minimal use over the weekend, water was low, refilled and charged or tried to charge. Sometimes the lcd doesn't register for a while...don't know why. I also have to sometimes wiggle the charging plug in the cart recp. to get the charger to come on?
Old 10-23-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If that yellow light keeps coming on disconnect it!! it will just draw from the batts!!!! Also make sure yor using distilled water!!! If it works ok for now I will check it when we get to the Fort if its the receptical I will bring one: Im just shooting from the hip at this point but if you find anything that you see might be the prob let me know I will bring the part to the Fort and we will fix it there
Old 10-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #5
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Thanks Ron I appreciate, but I'm not going to make you work on your vacation!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Working on carts to me is not work it is fun!!!!!!! I would do it even if I didnt get paid for it. No worries if you see of find something wrong let me know we will repair it!!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #7
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

I'm going to guess you have a receptacle problem, or a charger problem.... Try spraying WD-40 in the charger receptacle, and the charger plug end.

Then look into the receptacle and see if you see burn marks etc....... check back side and make sure you dont have the ends coming out of it..

How old are your batteries?
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:08 PM   #8
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thats what I figure if he has to wiggle the cord and it starts charging something might be loose of the receptical might be dirty!!!! try the wd40 like phasetim suggested/.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:10 PM   #9
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

I will try w-40. The batts. are 5years old but in descent shape. On a full charge they test at 49.6v, under load it drops to about 44v.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:10 PM   #10
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

He says the charger is going to 0 either quickly or instantly. Most likely the receptacle is separating due to the DC push, turning the charger off.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car