lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
yam
Not Yet Wild

Default g1 suspension

does anyone know if somebody makes spacers for the front coil springs? i put 12" wheels on and they rub the fender when i turn or hit a bump. i really don't want to buy a lift kit cause the back is fine just need a little more clearence in the front.
Thanks
yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: g1 suspension

You may have to trim the fender a bit.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
yam
Not Yet Wild

i thought about that but is also hitting inside on the back of the wheel well. if i lift up on the front bumper there's plenty of room but as soon as we sit on it, it drops back down.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Front shocks may be weak. When you drive forward, are the front tires leaning outward at the bottom?
Like this / \

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
yam
Not Yet Wild

not that i've noticed. i tried some 4-wheeler rubber spacers but they where to tall need some half their hieght.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

IIRC you could fit a 20x10 on the back of a G9 with a lawn type tire on stock rims. Could fit 20x8 on the front same way. But if you put four washers on each lug you could fit the 20x10 on the front too on the stock rim. Otherwise you need spacers or offset wheels. My wheels are 3+5 offset, and then it might hit the floor or body. Stock is 3.5+3.5 offset (no offset 7" wide wheel). Beyond that you could fab a new bracket for the shock and move it in a little, I did this in my lift but did it so I could adjust the height/stiffness of the shocks.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #7
yam
Not Yet Wild

ok thanks
Old 06-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Good suggestions to the problem guy's! Never even thought about the trimming/cutting front cowel. Ron is right about the "camber" shocks and king pins and bushings effect the camber. I might sugest relocating the upper or lower shock mout points, then if camber is off, cut a "slice" out of the lower control arm (at the spindle/king pin point), jump on the cart till you get the corect camber you need and weld it back up. Has worked for me. Good luck and let see some pic's
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
trevor6409
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I had a similar issue with my G1. I built my lift and when was done the wheels cambered in like crazy even with to toe adjusted and the shock mounting points changed (luckily everything was just tacked in placed) so I did some investigating and found that a pair of harley shocks were the correct length so I got a set from and old biker in town for 30 bucks (they are even nice and chrome) that solved it. The springs just get so week after years and years of use. Just got the shocks on tonight and found that it fixed it. Snowmobile shocks would work also. Just be sure if you replace the shock get an adjustable set.
trevor6409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:27 AM   #10
yam
Not Yet Wild

thanks for all the ideas guys i'll see if a can figure out how to load some pics. i'm not that great of a computer wiz.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha