lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2019, 04:59 AM   #11
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Dreaded Yellow Light

When the light comes on take your multimeter and measure the pack voltage and the voltage of each battery. If possible, also take the voltage of each battery under load. If you have multimeter leads with aligator clips you can hook them to one battery, drive the cart briefly and have someone read the voltage while you are driving. Repeat for each battery and the pack.

Publish your voltages here and someone can tell you if they seem OK.

P.S. That dealer sounds hopeless
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2019, 07:53 AM   #12
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Those little yellow lights on the dash on the Precedent provide a nice starting hole for a Digital Charge Meter. Whittle the edges away, pop it in, wire it up and there you go, some real DATA that the operator can use.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #13
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

More info:
Yesterday took cart out, did my normal town and back, maybe 4 miles, as I unplugged charger I noticed that my pack voltage after 12 hours charge time was only 49.9 as read by multimeter and 50.2 as read by on board digital volt meter. As I pulled back in driveway the cart shut momentarily and the yellow light started flash8ng, I was at 48.9 volts. Next day after 16 hour charge volts were at 51.9 and did my same 4 mile loop, when I returned home I was still at 50.1. Now today after 16 hours I am seeing 49.
I then unplugged the charger for a few minutes, then plugged it back in and am seeing 54 volts across the pack, with a almost 1 volt discrepancy between my multi meter and onboard digital, guess I should buy another multi meter in an attempt to tell which is correct. Anyway is there a way to test charger output, it seems that may be my problem
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #14
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Those little yellow lights on the dash on the Precedent provide a nice starting hole for a Digital Charge Meter. Whittle the edges away, pop it in, wire it up and there you go, some real DATA that the operator can use.
Thank you, I still have the yellow light and also a digital meter installed. It seems like the digital on board meter reads somewhat different from my multi meter by about a half a volt, the multi meter reads lower.
Thank you moor that suggestion
Old 11-18-2019, 12:21 PM   #15
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Dreaded Yellow Light

I ran 10 gage wire to the front glove box for my DC to DC converter off a terminal board. From the terminal box I have a 6 way fuse block to run my lights and other accessories. When I had my digital meter just hooked to my key switch it would read about 1/4 to 1/2 volt low. Running the heavy duty wire to the front of the car prevents the voltage drop from happening. I also have a switch hooked up to the meter to turn it off so it is not on all the time. I do have a cover for the terminal block which I do not have installed on the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:37 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The pack voltage should have eventually climbed to near 60v after you disconnected and reconnected the charger plug.

The light is likely working properly and telling you that you either have a battery or a charging problem.

Go to the Delta-Q site and download the free iDat software:
https://delta-q.com/software-accessories/
Get a USB memory stick formatted in FAT32 and insert into the charger after a new charging cycle finishes.

You can then take the USB stick to your computer and the iDat software will show you if there are any errors during the charge.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:39 PM   #17
Nickelpede
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Smile Re: Dreaded Yellow Light

Great idea!
Nickelpede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:06 AM   #18
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
As long as You have a White Controller and not a Gray one, You are fine.

Water on the light would not make it come ON since it uses a High Side driver, so it needs +48v.

The Pin in the Controller that activates the light is #11 (Blue/Yellow wire), the pin right beside it, #10 (Tan wire) is +48v from key switch so if You get water on the controller connector is possible to get the light to activate.

Otherwise it is an indication the voltage is getting too low as You are driving the cart and the batteries can not deliver the current being demanded.
Thank you Sergio, not sure what you mean white or Gray, the controller housing is aluminum.
There is a white tag on the top that has the ClubCar logo on it, it has the following:

Car Serial # JE1422-464985
Controller Serial # 639776
Old 11-19-2019, 09:26 AM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefili View Post
Thank you Sergio, not sure what you mean white or Gray, the controller housing is aluminum.
There is a white tag on the top that has the ClubCar logo on it, it has the following:

Car Serial # JE1422-464985
Controller Serial # 639776
The controller is on the back of that panel. You'd have to look on the other side of that panel to see your controller. No further looking necessary though. Your first post said you had a 2013, but your vehicle serial number in the above post indicates that it's a 2014 with the ERIC system, which would have a white controller. I would follow Sergio's suggestion in post #16 and see what you come up with.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:23 PM   #20
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

To get to the controller place the cart in Tow, remove the two center batteries, then use a T40 torx drive to remove the bolt on the top of the aluminium cover. It then lifts up and leans forward. There is enough room to access everything once it is up.

You will then be able to see the controller that Sergio and TahoeDawgZ71 are talking about.

In this diagram #8 is the Controller and #6 is the Solenoid
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014_controller_solenoid_diagram.jpg (94.4 KB, 0 views)
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car