lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2019, 01:37 PM   #1
B350driver
Not Yet Wild

Default Navitas Vs. Curtis Conversion

I just bought a used 2013 48V TXT. I have a problem that the thing will just quit after operating several minutes. I suspect I have a controller issue and am thinking about upgrading the motor/controller. I purchased this cart "right" and can afford an upgrade. I am considering an AMD 7HP PDS motor/Curtis 500amp controller verses a Navitas AC conversion, which is about 300 bucks more. Is there something better? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Last edited by B350driver; 03-03-2019 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: title
B350driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2019, 03:40 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Navitas Vs. Curtis Conversion

First thing is don't spend a dime until you have checked the battery health (that means more than cleaning & water). Spending money on upgrades to connect to weak or failing batteries will always disappoint!

What does the voltage drop to just before it shuts off.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 04:55 PM   #3
B350driver
Not Yet Wild

Great point - I should have mentioned the batteries were advertised as new (and have 2018 date stickers on them). I am assuming they are OK, but will check just in case. I am still wanting to upgrade this cart, and would like to hear the opinions of both conversions.
B350driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:16 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Or if they bought the batteries in July 2018 and let the water level get low or let the batteries sit in a partially charged state for a time they can still be toast... And that might be why you were able to get a deal on the cart. Hopefully that's not the case, but you can verify that.

But before anybody talks upgrades we need to be sure your cart/pack is otherwise healthy and know what you intend to do with the cart.

I have a TXT48 a couple years older than yours. Mine is lifted with bigger tires and rims, stock motor, Alltrax controller 300 amp, 360 max which is the smallest size you can get that's still more than stock but my big upgrade was changing to lithium. While I love my cart and the performance it has, I can guarantee it's not the upgrade for a lot of people.

So do you plan on adding a rear seat? Larger diameter wheels/tires? Pulling anything with it? Driving off road in hills and mud or on flat pavement?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:03 AM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The best bang for the buck is an Alltrax controller when it comes to DC carts.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO