lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2017, 02:01 PM   #11
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Will Speed Code 4 work if a high speed magnet does not?

Thanks. I have a Revolution speed magnet currently installed. No different than a stock magnet as far as performance is concerned. That is why I was surprised to see no difference.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am pretty sure the magnets from David at revolution are the correct ones, so no need to do that test.

Just let us know the controller model number you currently have.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:25 PM   #13
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have uploaded a picture of the controller installed as well as some other important parts on my cart. Hopefully this clears things up and helps narrow down my issues. Any further assistance is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2611.JPG (91.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2612.JPG (137.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2613.JPG (122.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2614.JPG (116.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2615.JPG (100.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-23-2017, 08:03 PM   #14
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

So it looks like I have a 1510-5201 model controller. The new controller, solenoid, and batteries all came with a warranty. Does this again point to the MCOR or am I missing something to make the high speed magnet not work?
Old 03-23-2017, 08:03 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You have a repaired FSIP controller, but I don't think they make any changes to the firmware.

Do You have any where you can drive that goes down hill?

It would be nice to know if the controller would allow the cart to go faster.

Also, when going full speed and You lift the foot OFF the gas pedal, does the Regen brake kicks in strong and slows the cart?

The only thing I noticed is that you have poor high current connections in the Controller and Solenoid.

Anytime you have to put more than 1 ring terminal on a stud, the highest current carrying ring terminal goes first. You then add the terminals for the smaller gauge wires on top.

Swap those ring terminals on the Solenoid and Controller and check any battery post with multiple terminals.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:30 PM   #16
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a mostly flat community but when I hit a slight downgrade the motor seems to let up a bit but keep at 14mph. This tells me that something is still limiting the rpm's. After I installed the 2014 motor I have tried 3 high speed magnets and 2 stock magnets with no change whatsoever. I don't feel braking kicking in on a downhill, I just feel a lack of push, like the motor doesn't want to push out more power (coasting at 14mph is probably a better description).
Old 03-23-2017, 08:31 PM   #17
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Would poor high current connections really stop the magnet from working when the cart otherwise runs as well as it does?
Old 03-23-2017, 08:36 PM   #18
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Also when at full speed (14mph), if I pull off the accelerator it does not have a significant braking response.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:08 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I think the MCOR is the solution to your intermittent operation, but as far as speed is concerned, the rebuilt controller does concern me a bit, especially with you claiming that the cart is still limiting your speed to 14MPH with or without a high speed magnet installed. I'm with Sergio, I don't know why FSIP would modify any of the firmware within the controller when they rebuild it, but that's the only variable I see here. The magnet should give you infinite speed, essentially doubling the allowed RPM from the equivalent of 14.8 to 29.6mph after you installed the magnet. My advice to you is to have the vehicle scanned by a professional with a Curtis IQDM-P handset or to replace the controller with an Alltrax XCT, which will allow you to do your own diagnostics via the free software available on their website. If you have an MCOR problem, you'll be able to diagnose it yourself.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:46 AM   #20
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you Sergio and TahoeDawg for your assistance. I will try to locate someone in my area with that handset. When someone does scan the cart with the Curtis IQDM-P will that simply diagnose the cart or will it also allow programming access that may allow the magnet to work effectively? My controller, solenoid, and batteries are all still under warranty for another 16 months so if there are any issues I can have any one of them replaced. I appreciate the ongoing support!

Tags
charleston, club car, high speed magnet, speed code 4, troubleshooting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car