lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
jesserosco
Not Yet Wild

Default 85 G1 Tricked motor questions

I have a 1985 G1 that I recently purchased. It has a banshee pipe, 36mm carb, and I know there has been cylinder and head work done. Last weekend I was out riding and the connecting rod bearing froze up. No major damage done to anything the bearing is just toast, but luckily no chunks bounced around anywhere. Anyway the piston and rings are in pretty good shape, just a liittle wear so I was going to price it out, but wanted to see what size it was etc... I searched the number on the piston, it is a wiseco and the size is 68.5mm, and it turns out it is a Yamaha YZ250 dirtbike piston 2nd bore over and nothing came up for a golf cart. Is this a common thing on a modded G1 motor? I tried to find what the stock bore and piston size are for my cart with no luck. I am just trying to figure out whats been done on this motor before I start ordering parts that wont work. I am probably going to reuse this piston, as there is not any damage, but was just wodering. Also I have to replace the crank and was wondering if any company made some kind of stroker kit for these motors? Well anyway this thing ran like a bat out of hell until it broke.

Last edited by jesserosco; 04-07-2008 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: added comments
jesserosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
jesserosco
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 85 G1 Tricked motor questions

Well I got a hold of the guy who built the motor, and basically its just a modified head, ported and polished and bored out to match the piston,
jesserosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Welcome to BGW!!!!

Glad to hear you talked to the guy that did the work. It can be very difficult to figure
out what someone else has done. I don’t believe there is any aftermarket hop-up
parts for that engine but I wouldn’t hesitate to call Tom at CPP 888-861-2640.
He knows a lot about G1’s and can get all the parts you need.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:45 AM   #4
tony-g1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

i have a 84 g1 i like to put banshee pipe and 36mm on mine. if you have any pic or information on it would be great. pic of pipe and intake please. thank you.
tony-g1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha