lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
brad1161
Not Yet Wild

Default Where is the pulsar soil located? on a 81

Where is the pulsar soil located? Looks like its in the engine? Hard to change? If i need to?
brad1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where is the pulsar soil located? on a 81

On my 86 it is behind the harmonic balancer. You will need to remove the fan cover and then the fan. Now you will need to use a puller to remove the balancer and then you can see the pulsar. I took my engine out so the hardest part of the job was to get a puller to fit. If you suspect the pulsar you should use an ohmeter between the blue and red wires and you should see between 75 and 140 ohms.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
bauschracing
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Still new to this but your model may have points? If it has the pulsar, it is behind the flywheel. It might be easer to remove the engine to replace it. After removing the engine in my 87, a few times, It could be done in about 30-45 min. and replaced in about the same. This would be a good time to replace the crankshaft seals. You will be right there when you remove the pulsar(make sure to mark the location since it is in a slot). Make a clutch removing tool from 5/8th threaded rod and a 3/4 inch NFT bolt 2 inches long. Got mine at Tractor supply. The seals were about $3.00 each. Now is the time.
Mike
bauschracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
brad1161
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. Mine is within specs.
brad1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO