lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #1
CaptnCollins
Not Yet Wild

Default Optimal Curtis Programming Parameters

I've managed to access my Curtis 250a 48v controller for my 2015 EZGO TXT with developer level.

Model: 1206HB-5201
Cart: 2015 EZGO TXT 48v
Tires: 23"

Does anyone have experience in optimizing the settings to increase performance? I've read a comment from BobBoyce saying that he's been able to increase torque by 25% on this model speed controller.

I've enabled Freedom mode and the cart will do about 22mph on flat asphalt, but it's still struggling up some larger asphalt hills in our neighborhood. Without Freedom i get about 17mph on flat and still struggle uphill with 3 people.

I've attached the parameters that are available as images. Would bumping the FLD MAP END to 250, and adjusting the ramp and field min make a difference with lower end torque?

Has anyone managed to squeeze a bit more power out of their curtis?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg params1.jpg (4.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg params2.jpg (3.5 KB, 0 views)
CaptnCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #2
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Optimal Curtis Programming Parameters

Those pics are tiny on my computer... too small to read.

I am also curious what setting could possibly make both more speed AND power from a controller with such a hardware limited peak amp output.
I know with DC carts its a tradoff between the speed (HP) and the torque to climb hills and haul people. Increasing voltage is one way to get both but only if the hardware supports it.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM   #3
CaptnCollins
Not Yet Wild

Sorry I’ll try to reload later.

I’m really happy with the speed, the low end torque at low speeds is what’s missing. The 250a may just not be able to do it. May be easier to upgrade the controller
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM   #4
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnCollins View Post
Sorry I’ll try to reload later.

I’m really happy with the speed, the low end torque at low speeds is what’s missing. The 250a may just not be able to do it. May be easier to upgrade the controller
Yeah the controller is likely the limiting factor here. They draw more amps as the load increases. And hills or weight has more of an effect on this than speed on flat roads from my experience with dc carts anyway.
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM   #5
CaptnCollins
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Yeah the controller is likely the limiting factor here. They draw more amps as the load increases. And hills or weight has more of an effect on this than speed on flat roads from my experience with dc carts anyway.
How has your experience been with the Curtis clone? The prices are appealing but it almost feels too good to be true
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM   #6
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnCollins View Post
How has your experience been with the Curtis clone? The prices are appealing but it almost feels too good to be true
what type of drive is your controller? AC? Sepex? or series?

I have had great luck with the clones but Ive only used the series type controllers and most of them are made in china for Curtis anyway so the clones any grey market versions are more plentiful.
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM   #7
CaptnCollins
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
what type of drive is your controller? AC? Sepex? or series?

I have had great luck with the clones but Ive only used the series type controllers and most of them are made in china for Curtis anyway so the clones any grey market versions are more plentiful.
I have a 1206HB-5201 which is a Sepex I believe.

I need to do a bit of research which clone would be suitable
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts