lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2018, 09:48 PM   #1
RE1962
Not Yet Wild

Default Mud, belt and Clutches

I have a 04 TXT gas and will be using it hunting. My question, does anybody make skit plates to help keep mud out of the clutches and belt.
RE1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2018, 08:56 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Mud, belt and Clutches

I don't know, but one way to do it is get an old bedliner and use pieces of that. That stuff is tough as anything.

With my cart if mud is to the belt its really buried and I don't ride in stuff like that, I just don't want to sink the cart and get everything wet/muddy in there. I would pull it out. Generally it does not fly in there from puddles but your cart may be different.

Also remember most carts cool the engine with air from under the cart, the belt does too but low power in carts does not heat it really. But old G2 some had a full cover under there to make them quiet and they could get pretty hot. Later G9 did not have the covers.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:18 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

My G2 will still get the belt wet when I'm "having fun", even with the shield. It has never stopped me, but it has caused a noticable rpm increase when the water hits belt/clutches. In my case with the G2, the ignitor box plug getting wet has shut me down. I just never let off the gas, because that particular problem was a "ran fine untill I let it stop" thing, so I don't let it stop until I'm out of the mud/water. I'm not sure there is a total cure, these things don't have a sealed box for the clutches to live in like a side-by-side does.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:28 PM   #4
RE1962
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies. Not really planning on mudding with it. sometimes the road to the lease can get muddy.
RE1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts