lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2016, 04:19 PM   #1
TopherAndTick
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Plowmans drive belt, but no plowmans clutches etc. Anyone?

I need a new drive belt for my 2011 Drive g29.
I have a speed spring installed, a 3 inch lift and 22 inch tires.
I am getting GPS speeds of 22 MPH. Which is fine. I found myself even holding back at the beach the other day and going maybe only 17 or 18.

My question is- anyone using Plowmans drive belt without his performance kit? It is a different size from OEM. So I wonder how it does on stock clutches.
My clutches seem to be just fine, so I am hesitant to spend the cash on the whole kit.
But I need a belt. So I am seeking advise from yall.
TopherAndTick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2016, 07:31 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Plowmans drive belt, but no plowmans clutches etc. Anyone?

The Plowmans belt will be big improvement over a worn, stock belt. But you can't beat the performance kits...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:37 PM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Belt is wider and shorter for better grip, low end. No problem what so ever using his belt without his clutching components
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:03 PM   #4
TopherAndTick
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks guys. I tried calling Don today but he was tied up. And I get that. I figure he will call back at some point.

Low end improvements are good. I will use the cart around the yard a good bit. Maybe haul a deer or 10 in the future too. But top speed is fine for me now. The wife said we were going Plenty fast at 22 MPH.

Thanks guys
Old 05-19-2016, 08:09 PM   #5
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Don don't like the cpp speed spring if that's what you have intstalled in your governor. He will explain. Also when you get the belt it will take some time to break in because it's Kevlar. It will get faster and faster over time. Last belt you will ever buy for sure. Maybe he can pull your arm enough to get the full kit. 30+mph with enough low end power to pull a pull a tree is what you will be missing. The full kit turns the cart into something special and fun to drive
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:42 PM   #6
TopherAndTick
Gone Wild

Yamaha

HE has to pull my wifes arm. I am for it pretty much. No need in leaving power behind. Might need it one day right. But, I explained to the wife that if we upped the golf cart budget, and got "this" cart, we would have a ready to ride nice cart.

Then, promptly ordered a lift kit. Heehee.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:14 AM   #7
jd420214
Not Yet Wild

I dont live that far from Don,s shop so I went and personally talked with him he knows his stuff on carts so I bought the the complete kit still need to get with him on final setup but boy did it make a big difference at low end compared to the old setup you wont regret it if you can get it.
jd420214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:57 PM   #8
TopherAndTick
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Never mind.

I just ordered a whole performance kit. And a new clutch rather than machining mine. After talking about the condition of mine with the grooves and whatnot, I just ordered a new one.
So, I am excited about getting my Drive out driving any other cart in the neighborhood, but bummed about dropping over 6 hundred bucks.

Oh well right, gonna play big gotta spend big right?

Will likely be 2 weeks before I get it up and running though. Vacation coming for memorial day weekend.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:05 PM   #9
slxj30
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Another note for Don. I called him to talk about getting my rear struts rebuilt and a new belt. I mentioned that I broke the first one he sold me. He refused to sell me one, instead he gave me a free replacement. That made me feel good.

I still need to have him help me tune my cart up the right way.
slxj30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha