lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
greygoose08
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2001 g16 needs more torque

whats the best way to get more torque out of the cart now? i just modified the governor and have it turned up about 3/4 the way which is plenty fast. now it hardly crawls up the ditch without any speed so im looking for the best torque kit out there without sacraficing the speed now.
greygoose08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2001 g16 needs more torque

The next steps as follows:
1. Make sure your drive belt is not worn too thin. (replace if necessary)

2. Make sure your drive and driven clutches are clean and working smoothly. Check for flat rollers on primary and worn ramp shoes on secondary. Clean and grease them if necessary. (one or two shots of grease is enough).

3. Install heavier "torque" spring (and spacer if needed) in the secondary clutch. (Note that you probably will lose a little top speed but the added "grunt" will make you happy). This step will not produce the desired results if steps 1 & 2 are not followed !!
Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
greygoose08
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

whats the best belt to replace with if i decide to throw a new belt on it? im sure its never been changed from previous owner, and is there any specific torque spring to get like color? i see there is a red one on ebay. dont know if colors dictate different pressure like in snowmobiles.
greygoose08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I got my power kit from CPP (one of the site sponsors) and it worked really well for me. It has a white spring plus a new spacer. I got my belt from plowmans and it also seemed to work really well. There was a recent post here (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...e-install.html) from a very satisfied CPP customer who bought the same spring I did and also bought a CPP severe duty belt. That belt has both top and bottom cogs for more flexibility and looks very interesting. He was raving about his increased performance. Have a look at that also. There are many other site sponsors with similar offerings, but I have no knowledge those. Good luck - (don't forget to make sure your drive clutch is serviced and has no issues), RAY

PS-let us know what you did and the results.
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha