lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

Exclamation Pedal travel and PB-6 lever travel coming up short

I know, I know, yet another PB-6 question but I can't find where it's been addressed. I am comparing the distance my accelerator pedal linkage will travel horizontally (about 2 1/4") to the distance the lever arm on my PB-6 travels (2 1/2" from the mounting hole closest to pivot point). This leaves me with a potential dead space of 1/2" of travel that my pedal assembly won't cover to make the PB-6 lever hit it's stop at full open. For those of you who attach your pedal linkage directly to the PB-6 lever arm, how do you overcome this problem? Does the PB-6 max out before hitting the stop at max opening?

My solution so far is to extend the bracket where the linkage attaches to the pedal in the front of the cart. That should increase the travel of the pedal horizontally. I know there are people out there attaching them directly but the linkage doesn't travel as far as the throw is in the PB-6. Anyone find this similar problem??
Extractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
larryh
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Pedal travel and PB-6 lever travel coming up short

Yeah, I couldn't make it work by hooking directly to the throttle rod. I just made a contraption like scotty and it works wonderfully.
larryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

see, I'm pretty sure I can't fabricate something like that so I'm looking for plan B.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Extractor maybe try a local speed shop and pick up a bell crank for carb linkage.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A bell crank looks like a cool solution but, wouldn't he still have to mount that some where and then run linkage to the pb6? You know? Some one ...Don? posted a pic of a pb6 hooked up direct but for me it was always a question of not enough throw on the stock linkage. You can check yours with an ohm meter attached and actuate the lever to see just how much movement you will need.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

It could be mounted to the floor and then change direction up into the battery compartment.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
It could be mounted to the floor and then change direction up into the battery compartment.
that's a nice one there ..... a guy could just tech screw that to the frame? But if I understand his post.....he wants to avoid any custom or building part to this install?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #8
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Extractor maybe try a local speed shop and pick up a bell crank for carb linkage.
Thanks, Doomsman, but you see I understand about 1 word of the last five in that sentence! Scottyb- you're right, I need to avoid any welding. I can cut aluminum and screw it together but that's about it. I can make a bracket to anchor the PB-6 easy enough but don't have a clue what that last pic is! I remember seeing that one pic of the direct hookup but haven't heard from the guy, Don.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #9
JRay
**** guzzler
Club Car

I posted that pic. I have mine direct. Just played with the mount back and forth with a meter till i got it to read right. Be glad to answer any ?'s.
JRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #10
crash12888
Gone Crazy

If you rotate the PB-6 which will also rotate the arm away from a right angle to the pedal, you will reduce the amount of travel needed from the PB-6 to get WOT. You might need to make a longer linkage rod, thats all.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car