lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Power drive charger

Has anyone gotten a 48 volt Power Drive to work on anything other than a regular 48 volt Club car? That will cut off when fully charged?

I have 2 of these chargers and I need one to work on a 48 volt Ezgo. I have the the senor connected to the amp meter and it will come on and charge but it want cut off. Has anyone figured out a way to do it?

I know I can buy a new auto charger but I just want to see if I can figure out a way to make these work. Cheaply!
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2015, 08:55 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Power drive charger

A simple timer turning it on/off would be one way... A more complex method might be to get a devise to measure overall pack voltage and cut it off at a set voltage; but I'm just thinking out loud as I'm not completely sure if there may be something else to the equation that I'm overlooking.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:13 AM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: Power drive charger

A good wall timer would be the cheapest way I guess. I was just wondering if anybody had found a internal part to use on it.
The wall timer would have to be set to a pre time though and depending on batteries discharge are at least keep it under 4hrs tops. Till you figure out the time for it.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car