lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2021, 08:56 AM   #1
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Default Enclosed Trailer Question

Good morning everyone!
Over the past few years I have grown a side business custom building carts for people. It has been great fun and I have learned a bunch from this site. Well with a growing business comes a growing need for more hauling and storage. Currently I only have a 2.5 stall garage at home and it is filled with carts that I am building. I am wanting to buy an enclosed trailer to haul the carts once done as well as store those that are waiting to be built. I have a few questions around this:

1) On the 8.5' trailer I see that the interior is 8' wide. Will that be wide enough to haul 2 stock carts side by side?

2) With the wheel wells situated the way they are, I am guessing if I build up to go over those to haul 2 carts above them I will need to remove the roofs?

Also, any other pointer that you can give would be greatly appreciated.
yler4cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2021, 07:30 PM   #2
pilotdane
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Enclosed Trailer Question

1. It will be closer than I would want. Two totally stock carts can fit side by side but they will be bumping and rubbing against each other. I would count on one wide especially with modified carts. All it takes is some bigger tires or custom body work to make a cart over 48" wide. Also be warned that the rear door is usually a good bit (8-12") narrower than the interior width.

2. It depends on the height of the trailer. Pay attention to the door height as it's shorter than the interior height. If ordering a custom trailer make sure you look into the door size. I've seen custom tall trailers but they still used standard height doors.
pilotdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:46 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotdane View Post
1. It will be closer than I would want. Two totally stock carts can fit side by side but they will be bumping and rubbing against each other. I would count on one wide especially with modified carts. All it takes is some bigger tires or custom body work to make a cart over 48" wide. Also be warned that the rear door is usually a good bit (8-12") narrower than the interior width.

2. It depends on the height of the trailer. Pay attention to the door height as it's shorter than the interior height. If ordering a custom trailer make sure you look into the door size. I've seen custom tall trailers but they still used standard height doors.
Good points.

I've found that the 7' wide trailers are cheaper, I just get longer trailers. I've run 7x18 before, it pulled like a dream. Interior was 6'6" which is good only for stock height carts. They make them 7', and 7'6" for side by sides.

8' and 8.5' wide trailers are nice if you need the room to walk around the machines a lot. If you use the trailer for tools and supplies, the extra space is nice for shelves. Beyond that, the extra space really isn't needed.

If I was in your position, and the trailer was just to be used for transport and storing maybe 3 carts....I'd go 7x18 tandem with 7'6" height. At the moment, the market is really high on trailers because of raw steel and aluminum being high, as well as availability of raw metals being low. Going to run you about $7k - $8k depending upon the market in your area.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:30 PM   #4
Breezer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

my 7’ tall trailer has about 76” ramp door opening so still had to lower or remove roof to get my CC lifted Onward in, pay close attention to ramp door opening height! And yes, lead times now are about 3-4 months unless you find a dealer who will give you one of their pre-ordered slots, I got mine in about 7 weeks that way
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C0DA5D6A-087D-4D7C-A542-F8670283213B.jpg (195.0 KB, 0 views)
Breezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:43 PM   #5
Mesquite
Not Yet Wild

I have an over axle 8' wide trailer (16') and I can easily haul four carts (two side by side) on it. If you have a 8.5', you should be able to do them sise by side once you are past the door. A stock cart is 42" IIRC. Plenty of width for two.
Mesquite is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop