lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2021, 12:44 AM   #1
copajoe
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 YDRE needs lots of parts and I need suggestions on where to start

So I found this 2009 YDRE the other day at the swap meet. The guy was asking $50 for it so I offered him $60 if he would deliver it. He agreed.

It is missing a LOT of stuff, most notably a motor, batteries, foot pedals and all the stuff to make it street legal.

I have been doing some searching and found many of the parts are readily available on ebay, amazon and golf cart websites. I could not find anything used though. All new and fairly spendy.

So, as a newbie to this, what steps should I take to see if this is salvageable and can be made into a street legal, southern California golf cart that I can use to go back and forth to the beach with without having to drop TOO much money on?

I do not want to go down this road if it is just not worth it. So, please let me know what I should be look for (still existing on the cart) and what do I need to get it going and the best places to find inexpensive (relative word) items that I will need.

Enclosed are a few pics for details but if you need more, I would be happy to post them.

Thank you in advance for the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009 Yamaha 01.jpg (119.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2009 Yamaha 02.jpg (228.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2009 Yamaha 03.jpg (233.3 KB, 0 views)
copajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2021, 10:00 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 YDRE needs lots of parts and I need suggestions on where to start

Could be a fun project but you need to first make a detailed list of what you need and try to source some of it used. Otherwise, you will find that you could find a complete cart cheaper than buying parts for this one. Batteries, controller, and motor alone will get you well over $1500 unless you find good used stuff.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:39 AM   #3
copajoe
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 YDRE needs lots of parts and I need suggestions on where to start

where can I look for the good used stuff?
thanks
Old 02-25-2021, 03:46 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by copajoe View Post
where can I look for the good used stuff?
thanks
https://www.plowmanscarts.com/

I’d really recommend calling don and talking to him. He sells used oem parts. And while it will cost a bit more, I’d really consider his riot kit. You’ll get 10x the performance of stock stuff and it won’t cost that much more. Why spend $2k for everything for a stock cart that will do stock 12-14mph. For a few bucks more you’ll have a 30mph beast. A stripped bare frame type cart is the perfect candidate for a build like that since you need everything anyway.

He may have pedal groups in a parts cart he can sell you with the riot kit too. He’s a great guy and a wealth of information.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:54 AM   #5
LPnTX
Gone Wild

This!!! Don will set you up nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
https://www.plowmanscarts.com/

I’d really recommend calling don and talking to him. He sells used oem parts. And while it will cost a bit more, I’d really consider his riot kit. You’ll get 10x the performance of stock stuff and it won’t cost that much more. Why spend $2k for everything for a stock cart that will do stock 12-14mph. For a few bucks more you’ll have a 30mph beast. A stripped bare frame type cart is the perfect candidate for a build like that since you need everything anyway.

He may have pedal groups in a parts cart he can sell you with the riot kit too. He’s a great guy and a wealth of information.
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:21 PM   #6
copajoe
Not Yet Wild

I have already talked to him, thank you for the link and info.

I sent him a list of what "I" believe I need but I am sure I am missing alot. I am going to start a build thread.

2009 G29 "from the ground up" please take a look and give let me know what you think I need.

Any and ALL info is greatly appreciated!

thank you!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha