lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2020, 08:16 PM   #11
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: ICON i40L Battery Longevity

I assume you are running lead acid batteries in your cart. The following would not apply if you are running lithium batteries. Here is some information from Page 23 of the attached Trojan users guide:

What to Expect from Your Trojan Battery
- A new deep-cycle battery will not immediately deliver its full rated capacity. This is normal and should be expected since it takes time for a deep-cycle battery to reach peak capacity.
- Trojan’s deep-cycle AGM and gel batteries will reach rated capacity in less than 20 cycles.
- Trojan’s deep-cycle flooded batteries take 50 - 100 cycles to achieve full, peak capacity.
- When operating batteries at temperatures below 80°F (27°C), they will deliver less than the rated capacity. For example at 0°F (-18°C) the battery will deliver 50% of its capacity and at 80°F (27°C) it will deliver 100% of its capacity.
- When operating batteries at temperatures above 80°F (27°C), they will deliver more than the rated capacity but battery life will be reduced.
- The life of a battery is difficult to predict and will vary by application, frequency of usage and level of maintenance.

Also find attached a plot that shows the capacity of a Trojan T-105 battery vs. the number of charge cycles. This is an old plot from 1993 but you can clearly see the how the battery capacity increased with the number of charges ... this battery reached it rated capacity in about 120 charge cycles.

You can also see how the capacity of the battery slowly declines towards the end of its life and then fails completely.

The temperature comments above may also have been a factor in your observed battery capacity issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trojan T-105 Battery Testing Plot - including break in.jpg (280.1 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Trojan 1 - Battery Users Guide - 2019-04-30.pdf (2.28 MB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2020, 02:27 PM   #12
holemania
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandposse View Post
Question for you other ICON owners...I am running Trojan T-875's if that matters.
I am considering purchasing the icon i60l.

Are the trojan t-875 the normal installed battery by the manufacturer?

I spoke with a dealer here and he mentioned that they come with trojan t-105 batteries (six 8v batteries).

has anyone upgraded to trojan eight 6v batteries?
do the 6v batteries provide distance/range improvement?

thanks!
Dave
holemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 02:14 PM   #13
zspin27
Not Yet Wild

I recently purchased an i60L and it came with 6 Trojan T-875s.
zspin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:55 AM   #14
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartsRFun View Post
Something is not right....

Hopefully it could be as simple as tire pressure. I keep mine at 25 psi.
However my cart is not lifted like yours. Your tires are larger diameter
than my I40's.

Low tire pressure on a cart increases rolling resistance and cart expends
more power to run same distance.

It wouldn't hurt to check tire pressure.

Hope this helps.

Happy cartin'
Hi. I also have a non lifted i40 with factory wheels and tires. The tire says something like max 45psi....i found that high. Are you getting a smooth ride with 25psi??? Thanks.
Miamidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 05:31 PM   #15
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamidad View Post
Hi. I also have a non lifted i40 with factory wheels and tires. The tire says something like max 45psi....i found that high. Are you getting a smooth ride with 25psi??? Thanks.
Hey Miamidad...I keep my I40s tire pressure no higher than 25 psi...

My mileage will always be greater than other I40s as my Crown agm
8x6 volt are 260 amp hour and go for a good while before even seeing
a 90% state of charge having only used 10%...

Happy cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:12 PM   #16
Jasongarrett75
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
Next time I'm doing some long drives, I'll monitor mine because honestly I think both of mine are the same as yours.

My I60L has 8 trojans batteries and my I40L has 6 and I think they both have similar range.

Granted, I turned my speed way up, I have tons of stop signs, a decent amount of hills, and loud speakers that could contribute to a reduced range.

How do you increase the top speed on these carts? I have a stock i40L and it tops out at 25mph.
Jasongarrett75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:40 AM   #17
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasongarrett75 View Post
How do you increase the top speed on these carts? I have a stock i40L and it tops out at 25mph.
You have to just increase the upper RPM limit in the software. They're software limited (governor).
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 11:11 AM   #18
Jasongarrett75
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
Next time I'm doing some long drives, I'll monitor mine because honestly I think both of mine are the same as yours.

My I60L has 8 trojans batteries and my I40L has 6 and I think they both have similar range.

Granted, I turned my speed way up, I have tons of stop signs, a decent amount of hills, and loud speakers that could contribute to a reduced range.
How do I gain access to the software? I’m completely oblivious (obviously). Step by step instructions would be awesome, if that’s not too much to ask!! Thanks!!
Jasongarrett75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 10:03 AM   #19
DLFalcon
Not Yet Wild

ATrain, do you have any more Molex cables available? or In the works? I just purchased my Icon i60 and ready to program.
DLFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 12:53 PM   #20
TommyCart
Not Yet Wild

Just successfully reprogrammed RPM on my LSV Icon/Advanced EV 4+2 Lifted w/16:1 gear and 105 Ah LI Bat. Stock setting at 5500 produced 24 MPH on dash unit. New 7500 max. produces 33 MPH. Battery seemed to drain at an increased rate. Control is good, but the ride was stiff and bumpy like an out of round tire, will investigate.

Please let me know if anybody has found a way to add a switch to change from high to low speed setting.
TommyCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon