lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2021, 08:25 PM   #21
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Got the bug

I see you went for the performance built 670. Can't wait to hear how it does for you
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2021, 08:13 AM   #22
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I just got through doing a 670 on my 2004 Club Car,
I actually went out and bought the rear end and cradle for a 1990 Club Car to do the swap, I ended up not going that route, for the simple reason I have a Vanguard 23 HP, that is highly modified. But once again temptation came my way, with the 670 on sale, and me being an inside track member of HF, when the smoke cleared, it totaled $606 out the door!!! Before this motor was ever started, I cracked the case open, and removed the governor gears, I also took the governor rod and cut the bottom off of it. Then I reinstalled the governor Rod back, it now spins freely with no binding, ( I will explain the reason why I did this later on) also while the motor was cracked open, I changed out the lifters, rods and Springs just to help on top end side, seeing how the governor was removed.
The reason I kept the governor rod, it's because I wanted to use it! As part of the throttle set up( I am so glad I went that route it made setting up the throttle cable and everything a whole lot easier) keep it simple stupid.
as far as dropping the 670 in,talk about a tight fit,no adjustment room for any direction, I wanted to go through Vegas carts to help me get this set up going, but in my case, the parts were out of stock or unavailable, so I had to make it fit on my own.....
After jumping through hoops of fire in hurdles taller than I am, I got the engine where it runs very smooth, perfect throttle cable action, thanks to me leaving the governor rod in place!!
The final verdict on the 670 is is that quite pleased for the amount of money I spent on it, although as nice as is it does not compare to my Vanguard 23 that pulls wheelies and does 44 mph, 6:1 gears also help.
34 mph is the highest speed that i have been able to obtain with the 670.
good luck with your build, for some people buying parts for their golf cart it becomes an addiction, the next thing you know you got 4 or 5 grand wrapped up in a golf cart!!
my name is Project Club Car, it's been 3 days 8 hours and 47 minutes since I last purchased a part for my golf cart, hangs head in shame I am one of those guys!!
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 10:51 AM   #23
CaptG
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi project club car, we have the same addiction. I also am an inside track member and addicted to golf carts and accessories. My salvation is although retired I have a well paying summer job that provides the $$$ for my addiction. I bought a 670 from performance 670 already built. 43 hp and 50 ft. lbs. torque. I bought cradle and mounting plate made for my 1990 ds and the 670 from Vegas carts. Thought just popped into my mind. I better look for a stereo for the cart. Gotta go browse 🤪
CaptG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 05:33 PM   #24
CaptG
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, I got called to work 300 miles away and the week turned into three. I got back four days ago and just started working on the cart again. Motor is in but not aligned or wired yet. Got the front coil over shocks mounted. Looking good. Still waiting on front disc brakes from Jakes. I need to call and remind them again. I been waiting since July.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 93F69E05-25E5-4219-B521-FBC327B50A85.jpg (122.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg F1D1217B-06D2-450A-B56B-3B9377F0B0AD.jpg (233.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 07A1DA8B-7749-40AA-8F98-B0796F7F5E7F.jpg (198.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-03-2021, 06:21 PM   #25
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

What are you going to be using for a muffler or an exhaust?

Inquiring minds want to know?
Old 02-03-2021, 09:22 PM   #26
CaptG
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I got two options for exhaust. Both from Vegas Carts. I’m leaning towards the gold one just because I like the looks better. But I will run both and then make my decision.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A5A4FCCA-9D5B-4A8D-871B-277C8EE96FF3.jpg (220.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg C7D19656-C3D9-48BF-AE3E-D4A7C3E68806.jpg (166.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-03-2021, 09:25 PM   #27
CaptG
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just got email saying front hydraulic disc brakes from Jakes have been shipped. I’ll be happy when I get them installed.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:07 AM   #28
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I would go with the gold one as well, just because of the vibration,
The gold one is going to be louder,
I was actually able to break the other header, numerous times from stress, sounds like you got it all under control!!!
Old 02-04-2021, 08:34 PM   #29
CaptG
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Don’t know if I got it all under control, but we will find out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!