lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2021, 01:24 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 has low motor voltage

FWIW: The ITS sensor is filled with a potting compound to waterproof it and the compound shrinks as it ages and hairline cracks form. Eventually, cracks will allow moister to get to the printed circuit board inside and cause all sorts of strange problems. (Humid air is enough to do it.)

Here is a couple pictures if an ITS sensor with a visible crack in the potting compound.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0134.jpg (300.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0143.jpg (274.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2021, 10:00 PM   #22
gruelens
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Never Ending Good Deed

JohnnieB, my 88 year old neighbor was delighted with her freshly painted and operating '94 EZGO Medalist series cart. The new throttle sensor got the cart running fine again. Problem solved ...... so I thought.

Two days later she called me and said the cart quit while driving around our private community. I went to her location and the darn thing worked just fine for me. She drove it home.

Two days later, another call, you guessed it. She was using the Medalist and it left her sit again. I went there and it worked just fine for me and she drove it home.

Two days later, third call, she was again in the same area stranded. I showed up and I could not get the old EZGO to click, tick, or move. I towed it back to my place.

I can't even get the solenoid to click. Battery pack is healthy and strong.

Thanks for your advice
George
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:32 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With a direction selected on the F/R, the key ON and the pedal pushed, check for battery pack voltage on the solenoid's small terminal with the red wires on it.

If it isn't there, check MS-2 on the F/R assembly, the pedal switch (MS-3) and the keyswitch.

Schematic for a 94 M4edalist series drive is attached to my post#8.

Here's one for a later model with a reed switch showing the solenoid activation circuit in red.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series with KSI traced.JPG (58.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:39 AM   #24
gruelens
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
With a direction selected on the F/R, the key ON and the pedal pushed, check for battery pack voltage on the solenoid's small terminal with the red wires on it.

If it isn't there, check MS-2 on the F/R assembly, the pedal switch (MS-3) and the keyswitch.
Final Report on this cart (hopefully). Started making the voltage checks outlined above. While probing the connectors on the micro switch MS-3, I discovered a loose wire in the female crimped spade connector attached to the micro switch. Replaced the connector and drove the EZGO Medalist all over the community today.

Thanks again to JohnnieB and the BGW forum for patiently helping me learn about this older series cart.
George
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO