lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2021, 08:17 PM   #41
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Duromax 440 build-reving it up!

How many pulls? If you're priming the fuel system and carb....one pull. If not....four pulls. Wait....pulls? No starter????
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2021, 09:36 AM   #42
Notsoezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

4 pulls to first kick start on 5, glad to have a starter generator for the cart. Seems to run good we shall see on install.
Notsoezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:56 AM   #43
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Funny I was so anxious to try out the VC 460 I pull started it as I had not yet installed the S/G and had a string connected to the throttle and a kill wire in my hand. It was a short but fun ride. The next day everything was installed properly and a longer drive ensued.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:56 PM   #44
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Another note here is you pull started a billet flywheel equipped just built engine and got in done in 5 pulls.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:30 PM   #45
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bump
Old 09-06-2023, 02:12 PM   #46
Jbrowne479
Not Yet Wild

did you go with the standard length billet rod? did you need to hone it at all for the piston pin?
Jbrowne479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 07:08 PM   #47
Notsoezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No honing it was a new engine. Stock length billet rod, billet flywheel, torque cam larger valve springs, mild build has tons of torque, I keep it under 5000rpms. I had some clearance work on the balance shaft other than that no problems. I'm considering another build this winter for higher hp and rpms, this would also be a fresh engine build, stay tuned.
Notsoezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 07:38 AM   #48
Jbrowne479
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsoezgo View Post
No honing it was a new engine. Stock length billet rod, billet flywheel, torque cam larger valve springs, mild build has tons of torque, I keep it under 5000rpms. I had some clearance work on the balance shaft other than that no problems. I'm considering another build this winter for higher hp and rpms, this would also be a fresh engine build, stay tuned.
thank you for the quick reply! currently putting together a list of parts to duplicate this build. My son tossed the rod out of my duromax over the weekend and broke the block, so i just ordered another engine. Thinking its time to put a good rod etc in this one
Jbrowne479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 02:55 PM   #49
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yeah they usually say stock rod with the stock cam, and thats it. I ran my lifan over 4K a lot with stock cam and better valvetrain for a couple years. I never pinned it for very far though. I still havent with the rod and cam because it goes too fast lol, but I don't road ride it anyway. Yes I had to grind the balance shaft also a little bit. The cam makes a huge difference. Think Im running a 30mm slide carb now. Made an intake that goes around the engine above the block. It seems to run fine with it. This carb does not pump as much fuel as the CV I had on it so it starts harder or I have to get in there and hold the choke on when its cold out.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps