lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2016, 02:02 PM   #1
twstdFUBAR
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Columbia Lift Ideas

So this is my ideas and questions for lifting the front and rear of a late 80s Par Car.

1) Has anyone looked into using EZGO lift spindles on a Par Car? They look a little larger but with very little modification I think they would work. Possibly just drilling a hole through the lower leaf spring bracket and running a large to connect it all. And if that would work... Are the hubs and lug nut patterns the same? Or would I need to change it over to EZGO?

2) Has anyone tried putting blocks between the frame and rear end? It would be no different than lifting a pickup. But would that require a larger belt if you did that? Or, has anyone looked into a larger spring? I like the idea of the blocks better. It seems safer and wouldn't change the ride quality(if you call quality,lol).

Please give me your thoughts and opinions before I look into spending the money to do so.
twstdFUBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2016, 08:28 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Columbia Lift Ideas

There was a guy who used blocks on the back of his cart as you described. He posted pics about it, maybe a year or so ago? It was a success. I am sure you can find that post if you search for it.

I have found that Columbia and EZGo used a lot of common parts in their 80s carts. A lot of the bearing / seals were the same. I use EZ Go carbs on my carts. They bolt on with no modifications save for flipping the choke lever as the Ez Go pulls from the bottom whereas the Columbia pulls from the top. t wouldn't be surprised at all if those EZ Go spindles worked. I never tried to make a lift as I like the low rider lift.

The bolt patterns on the wheels are the same for sure.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:34 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Here you go:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...t-par-car.html

and

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...kit-build.html
Old 11-19-2020, 05:00 PM   #4
larryparnelli
Not Yet Wild

I decided to just buy the (expensive kit) for my 2008 Par Car. It worked just great. It was the burgundy color, but I’m in the process of changing to satin black, and possibly accented with copper! I have 17 inch rims, with 17 inch run flats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
larryparnelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:13 AM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

That looks nice. Great job.

Indeed, there are lifts for the "newer" par cars. I don't believe that any exist for the old ones, though.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:58 AM   #6
larryparnelli
Not Yet Wild

Default Columbia Lift Ideas

Better picture, painted now!

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkIMG_5853.jpg
larryparnelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar