lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Wes350x
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Smaller Battery for electronics?

Im looking to switch from running my radio, underbody Led's, and Lights from a converter to an extra battery. Looking into one of the smaller car audio batteries...

Whats your opionion in this one? 22ah rating
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...VX-XHC600.html

Thanks in advance
Wes350x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: Smaller Battery for electronics?

Great if you do not plan on using your lights, radio or LED's very long.

Why do you want to switch and not do the converter?
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
Wes350x
Gone Wild

Club Car

Really? Guess I'll look for a real deep cycle battery. My cart came with a 18amp converter and with the radio, lights, led's just want to be cautious. Eventually want to put a powered sub and would rather another battery to run it. Right now the radio trips off then on when I turn on the lights.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Depends on how you use the cart. My boat has a deep cycle marine 12 volt battery and I can run stereo (really loud lots of speakers) for maybe a couple hours max and it would not have enough left to start the boat, of course that is why my boat has two batteries so I can draw off just one and save the other for starting.

But that little battery you posted would not last long, it is probably designed to be charged off a car when running, not necessarily parked with motor off.

Best bet is a converter that will run off the whole pack. but you did not say if you are 36 or 48 volt.

Also, you have too much hooked up to that little converter, get yourself a 30 amp that hooks up across the entire 36/48 volt pack.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
Wes350x
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
Depends on how you use the cart. My boat has a deep cycle marine 12 volt battery and I can run stereo (really loud lots of speakers) for maybe a couple hours max and it would not have enough left to start the boat, of course that is why my boat has two batteries so I can draw off just one and save the other for starting.

But that little battery you posted would not last long, it is probably designed to be charged off a car when running, not necessarily parked with motor off.

Best bet is a converter that will run off the whole pack. but you did not say if you are 36 or 48 volt.

Also, you have too much hooked up to that little converter, get yourself a 30 amp that hooks up across the entire 36/48 volt pack.

It's a 2009 precedent 48v cart. The converter is a 48-12v converter.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes350x View Post
It's a 2009 precedent 48v cart. The converter is a 48-12v converter.
You said you have an 18 amp converter, I would go with a 30 for the stereo, maybe just leave the existing one you have in there for lights.

I would put a separate switch for each converter to turn on and off so the converters only run if you are using them.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #7
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes350x View Post
Really? Guess I'll look for a real deep cycle battery. My cart came with a 18amp converter and with the radio, lights, led's just want to be cautious. Eventually want to put a powered sub and would rather another battery to run it. Right now the radio trips off then on when I turn on the lights.
Hey Wes, if you really want to go the auxiliary battery route, I saw this setup some of other guys were using and tried it myself.

It’s the ol’ marine deep cycle in the bagwell. I tried some of the small deep cells placed between the main batteries and it just didn’t work out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0814120648a.jpg (101.7 KB, 0 views)
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car