lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Question Alltrax DCX500 w/ D&D 502:2 Programming Question

First the particulars for my cart: 2007 Precedent with an Alltrax DCX500, D&D 502:2, 400A Solenoid, 4G wires and 6 month old batts. All of this seems to be functioning well for the most part. Now for the questions:

1. Can I use the Plug Brake option in the controller software? This would be most helpful out at the camp where this past hunting season I had to really use the brake pedal alot going down hills. I am aware that I cannot use Brake Current (REGEN) option with this motor per an older posting back in August.

2. I have noticed that I do not consistently get 100% throttle. Usually get 96-98% with 100% at times. I have max current out at 100%, turbo on, max speed at 100%. Is there a setting for the controller for this or a fix available. I saw a posting for a hex file that fixed this for an 05 with Alltrax controller with a stock motor, but after reading Alltrax warnings, I'm not about to install that file. I sent an email to Alltrax asking them but have not received any replies after 3 weeks.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax DCX500 w/ D&D 502:2 Programming Question

Call them and ask to speak with somebody in tech support.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
bdmonist
Getting Wild
Club Car

I had / have the same problem with my ALltrax 500. The first time it happened I changed the MCOR and everything seemed to work fine for a while. now it does it again. I spoke with tech support and tried a couple different throttle maps to no avail. Their solution was to try twisting the throttle rod in order to get more travel at full pedal.

I can't remember if it was brake current or Plug brake that changes the rate at which you slow down. I rode around with a laptop hooked up to mine and made changes almost on the fly until I got things where i wanted them.
bdmonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #4
bdmonist
Getting Wild
Club Car

Here is the link with some additional description from alltrax site.

http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_ControllerPro.html

Why is it you think you can not use the regen function? It appears you have a regen motor and you have the DCX controller.
bdmonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmonist View Post

Why is it you think you can not use the regen function? It appears you have a regen motor and you have the DCX controller.
In a prior thread "Alltrax Controller Programming for Precedent" from 7/14 I was told that using the brake current function (REGEN) on the D&D motor would burn it up. Also, it did not appear to provide any braking.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

Also, thanks for the link. However, I had already scoured their website but could find no answers specifically for my question.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #7
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I had / have the same problem with my ALltrax 500. The first time it happened I changed the MCOR and everything seemed to work fine for a while. now it does it again. I spoke with tech support and tried a couple different throttle maps to no avail. Their solution was to try twisting the throttle rod in order to get more travel at full pedal.

I can't remember if it was brake current or Plug brake that changes the rate at which you slow down. I rode around with a laptop hooked up to mine and made changes almost on the fly until I got things where i wanted them.
I also had gotten a new MCOR and it provided no help either - actually made it worse. I even shimmed (5 washers) the front of the throttle structure (big peice of alluminum that the throttle and brake are contained within) to allow for more pedal travel with no improvement.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #8
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Call them and ask to speak with somebody in tech support.
Will do Thanks Scotty.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There was another member who had this typical MCOR problem and alltrax modified a field map for him to install which basically told the controller to put out 100% power when it sees 95% signal.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

I cannot help you with your Plug Brake questions, but the MCOR not reaching 100% throttle is a known issue and can easily be remedied by loading the clubcar4.hex file to the controller. This will provide you with the custom throttle curve allowing MCOR equipped Club Cars to reach 100% throttle faster. That being said, once you load the file, keep the hex handy on your computer because if you change to a different throttle map like linear or s-curve it will wipe out the clubcar custom curve and you'll have to re-apply it to the controller.

If you go to this thread http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...00-ds-dcx.html you will find the hex file in a zipped file that you can download.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car