lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
RoughinItEasy
Not Yet Wild

Default No Reverse

2005 Club Car Precendent. Took Green and Blue Wire off Motor to Clean, accidently touched (arced). Now the Buzzer sounds and the cart will do a slight reverse...will go forward just fine. What to do now??
RoughinItEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
1BDPRECEDENT
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: No Reverse

Sorry to hear this, the controllers are very sensitive and can be damaged very easily. But on the brighter side you have a great opportunity to upgrade to a larger controller. I too had two of the terminals at the motor short and it took out my controller. I was planning to upgrade eventually but wasn't looking to do it right then and there. But once I put the new controller in the pain from the financial loss was replace with a grin from ear to ear. It is most important to isolate pack voltage when working on the cart.
1BDPRECEDENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
RoughinItEasy
Not Yet Wild

what controller should i go with and how much are we talking?
Old 10-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
1BDPRECEDENT
Gone Wild

Club Car

I used a 500A Flight Systems controller and gave $550.00 for it. I went with it as it was recommended by the guys at PlumQuick and I have been very happy with it. I ran it on my stock motor and solenoid for about three months and then did a bandit upgrade. With just the controller I was running a solid 24mph and a lot more torque.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
RoughinItEasy
Not Yet Wild

thanks
Old 10-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #6
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughinItEasy View Post
what controller should i go with and how much are we talking?
1st make sure that is indeed your problem. BD has a 500 amp controller and that's about as good as it gets on a precedent. Although, you could go to a 600 amp if you had money to burn. Check out the Alltrax website. I think if you replace your controller, 400 or 500 will be what your after. Don't forget to add new wires and a solenoid. ScottyB (carts Unlimitted) has a fall sale package right now and he would offer you top-notch service and support.

Check this out for info: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Home_Page.html

I'm saving for a new controller/solenoid and wires right now and I plan on spending around $800.00 for everything I'll need.

Don't forget, a 500 amp controller will double your torque

I'm sure you could find a used controller somewhere as well and that would be your cheapest route, again if that's your problem.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
RoughinItEasy
Not Yet Wild

steve: how do I troubleshoot this problem....it buzzes and gives a hint of movement in reverse...but works just fine in forward.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #8
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughinItEasy View Post
steve: how do I troubleshoot this problem....it buzzes and gives a hint of movement in reverse...but works just fine in forward.
I don't know what to tell ya. If it ran fine before you shorted something then DB's assumption is logical. With the buzzer working and it moving some, I would guess your problem is somewhere from the controller to the motor.

I would ask shadow, scottyb and/or tahodawgz71, I bet one of them guys could help you out. A used controller will run ya $150 + shipping from plumquick, but I would get a new faster Alltrax before I spent $$$ on a used OEM controller.

Good luck and please keep us posted as to how you are gonna fix it!
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:50 AM   #9
1BDPRECEDENT
Gone Wild

Club Car

Isolate your pack voltage, swap the F1 and F2 wires at the motor and reapply voltage. The cart should now run in reverse but not forward. This will confirm that the motor is absolutely fine. The fact that it moves forward is already enough to assume the motor is good. Remember to hold the bottom nut with a wrench while removing the top so you don't spin the stud.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #10
RoughinItEasy
Not Yet Wild

Okay, I switched the F1 and F2 and the cart will now go in Reverse....what now?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car