lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2018, 05:46 PM   #101
Wlankfor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Onward Leaf Lithium conversion

What was your top speed with this setup? Also do you know your current draw at " cruising speed"?
Wlankfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #102
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlankfor View Post
What was your top speed with this setup? Also do you know your current draw at " cruising speed"?

With the stock motor it would go 32. Don’t remember amp draw on stock motor. With the executioner, here is the deets:

Wife mode- limited to 250 amps (still pulls hard) and 25 mph. Initial amp spike from a stop is 200 Amps and cruises with your foot down pulling approx 50 amps

My mode- limited to 350 amps (pulls like a beast) and 30 mph. Initial amps from a stop is about 300 and cruises at 85 amps

Ludicrous mode - 500 amps and 7000rpm limit. It will only pull 38mph which is less than 7k but whatever. Slightly lifts the front wheels from a stop, hauls @ss up to 32 then slows to 38. At full speed it draws 190amps

As you can see once you get over 25-27 the amp draw increases exponentially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:23 AM   #103
Precedent Tom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
With the stock motor it would go 32. Don’t remember amp draw on stock motor. With the executioner, here is the deets:

Wife mode- limited to 250 amps (still pulls hard) and 25 mph. Initial amp spike from a stop is 200 Amps and cruises with your foot down pulling approx 50 amps

My mode- limited to 350 amps (pulls like a beast) and 30 mph. Initial amps from a stop is about 300 and cruises at 85 amps

Ludicrous mode - 500 amps and 7000rpm limit. It will only pull 38mph which is less than 7k but whatever. Slightly lifts the front wheels from a stop, hauls @ss up to 32 then slows to 38. At full speed it draws 190amps

As you can see once you get over 25-27 the amp draw increases exponentially

Curious what the rpm's are when doing 30, i have pretty much the exact same setup and limited to 6k rpm's, and hauls *** to 30 but stays right there on flat level ground. I talked to plum quick and he said do not go over 6500 rpm's with the executioner. Also there must be something different with my setup as i am only getting about 7-8 miles on my lithium pack from 58.4 to 50.4 volts, now i will say it is so much fun to drive that my foot is in the throttle a lot but yesterday i took 2 trips down the drive way (each trip about 1/2 mile) pulling a small trailer with the trash cans on it and a 2 mile 25mph ish run so not WOT throttle and it dropped about 2.5 volts on the meter. Wondering if my brakes might be dragging or something because they have pretty much stopped working. Getting ready to order the ausco's for the rear i think.
Precedent Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:40 AM   #104
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

LiftedTXT, what Ah is your pack?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #105
Precedent Tom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
LiftedTXT, what Ah is your pack?
I am not positive as i bought it from member on here and it was already assembled. I would probably guess it is the 64ah pack or so.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:57 PM   #106
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifted_txt View Post
I am not positive as i bought it from member on here and it was already assembled. I would probably guess it is the 64ah pack or so.

I have the newer 82ah cells. So that is one factor, but also make sure nothing is dragging. I’ve never towed anything so I cannot attest to the impact towing will have. Also, I found when I first completed the project I was hot rodding it everywhere and killing the mileage. I’ve since calmed down and the pack lasts much longer.

As far as max rpm goes you are correct, PQ says a max of 6,500 for sustained driving. However, they did tell me short bursts up to 7k probably won’t hurt it but to do so at my own risk. With that said I wouldn’t go above the recommended 6,500 rpm unless you are willing to risk blowing it up and buying another one.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:59 PM   #107
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Curious what the rpm's are when doing 30, i have pretty much the exact same setup and limited to 6k rpm's, and hauls *** to 30 but stays right there on flat level ground. I talked to plum quick and he said do not go over 6500 rpm's with the executioner. Also there must be something different with my setup as i am only getting about 7-8 miles on my lithium pack from 58.4 to 50.4 volts, now i will say it is so much fun to drive that my foot is in the throttle a lot but yesterday i took 2 trips down the drive way (each trip about 1/2 mile) pulling a small trailer with the trash cans on it and a 2 mile 25mph ish run so not WOT throttle and it dropped about 2.5 volts on the meter. Wondering if my brakes might be dragging or something because they have pretty much stopped working. Getting ready to order the ausco's for the rear i think.
At 30mph, with a full 23" dia tire, your motor rpm would be right at 5450.
Here is a good link with a great speed/rpm calculator, 'from any angle' so to speak. Scroll down to the yellow boxes for the calculator.

http://www.digitaloverdrivesystems.com/info.html

Here is a picture of my buddy's cart and pack. I installed the XCT400 and 58V lithium pack for him. He gets to 32mph, which is right at 6500, easily with 20.5" tires and a Bandit upgrade of a D&D performance motor. He also gets about 21 miles out of a charge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brendle Cart w New Tires.jpg (458.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180307_135403159.jpg (415.2 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:29 AM   #108
Precedent Tom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
At 30mph, with a full 23" dia tire, your motor rpm would be right at 5450.
Here is a good link with a great speed/rpm calculator, 'from any angle' so to speak. Scroll down to the yellow boxes for the calculator.

http://www.digitaloverdrivesystems.com/info.html

Here is a picture of my buddy's cart and pack. I installed the XCT400 and 58V lithium pack for him. He gets to 32mph, which is right at 6500, easily with 20.5" tires and a Bandit upgrade of a D&D performance motor. He also gets about 21 miles out of a charge.
If that's the case any idea what would stop it from getting to the 6000 rpm's the alltrax setting is limited to, or is it possible the alltrax think's the tires are the stock size and therefore the rpm's are different than the alltrax thinks?
Old 04-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #109
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
If that's the case any idea what would stop it from getting to the 6000 rpm's the alltrax setting is limited to, or is it possible the alltrax think's the tires are the stock size and therefore the rpm's are different than the alltrax thinks?

What motor map are you running? If you have 23” tires just like me getting over 30 shouldn’t be an issue. Maybe you do have a brake dragging issue, I’d start there.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #110
Precedent Tom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
What motor map are you running? If you have 23” tires just like me getting over 30 shouldn’t be an issue. Maybe you do have a brake dragging issue, I’d start there.

Running the executioner v2 motor map. I am gonna order the ausco's and go that route and see if it helps with that and the battery life issue.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium