lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2017, 02:14 PM   #1
Tazdakota
Not Yet Wild

Default Radio options

Looking for some club car ds radio options looking to see what others have done and if you had any pictures would be great thanks
Tazdakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2017, 07:16 AM   #2
miker
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Radio options

a good marine one and make sure to use a good antenna not ones of those flexi ones
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:53 PM   #3
srqco
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Radio options

A marine radio and marine speakers are the best bet. They are made to get wet and when properly installed they work very well. I work where we have some rather awesome boats that are used every day. The only radio that is used on those boats are Fusion radios. So that is what I got. It is absolutely awesome and I didn't get the most expensive one either. Fusion RA-55 is the unit I got. They are a bit smaller than a standard radio (also called a DIN radio). There is a DIN adapter that you should get if there is already a hole in the dash.

To complement the radio I got a set of 6 inch Kenwood marine speakers. All from amazon. I did get one of those flex antennas for the radio. I have had good success with tuning in stations. YMMV. I hot glued the antenna straight, into the rear of the dash. This was to keep it out of sight and keep it from being coiled up. Which really helps with reception.

I did cheat and get the VIP stereo dash for the DS. It's precut for the DIN radio and 6inch speakers. I did have to hog out one of the speaker holes about 1/16 of an inch. But other than that the dash is awesome and fits perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Oh almost forgot the RA-55 has built in Bluetooth also.
srqco is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car