lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2015, 11:49 AM   #1
highlandb
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 alltrax questions

Before I purchase a new controller I would like to make sure that is the only issue I have. Thanks in advance for any guidance and assistance.

Cart will run well for days even weeks, then suddenly stop, regardless whether it was moving or not, then you could wait, and all would be good for however long it felt like running , now has stopped.

The solenoid will click and the controller, lights up with four green flashes and then constant green recognizing the its, but no go. Tested the series motor with 12v and it spins.

Heres what I have, 95 series cart stock motor, stock wheels, 36 volt alltrax NPX controller, 200hd solenoid, hd F/R switch.

Readings today:
Pack voltage 38.1
As solenoid clicks:
B- to M- 38.1 but will not go down to zero stays at pack voltage
B- to all posts on F/R lugs all read pack voltage
B- to all lugs on motor read pack voltage

White wire to black wire at the controller is supposed to be 10 up and 6 down I get 9 up and 5 down,

New its and switch in pedal box, I have adjusted the plunger as described in the manual didn’t seem to change the reading. I also took the 4 pin molex connector out and soldered the connections.

Wondering what to check next to try to figure out why we have no go, perhaps I have something wired wrong, but it ran fine, when it wanted to run, nothing got hot or burned.
I am not sure what the M- to B- ( its signal to the controller?), or inside the controller.
Again thanks in advance
highlandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 alltrax questions

You are getting full pack voltage between B- and M- with the pedal pushed just far enough for the solenoid to click, so the high current circuit is intact.

The voltage between B- and M- does not decrease when pedal is pushed to floor, so either the controller or the ITS circuit is bad.

The ITS voltage (between black and white wires) isn't quite in specs, but it does change 4V like it is supposed to, so the voltage between B- and M- ought to decrease when pedal is pushed. Maybe the voltage between B- and M- won't go all the way to zero, but it ought to drop enough for the cart to move.

Based on the above conditions, I'm about 99.9% sure the controller is bad.

Drop a SPM controller in there and the throttle will auto-calibrate to give you 0% to 100% throttle from the 9V to 5V ITS voltage, but I suspect it'll be in specs with a good controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:48 PM   #3
highlandb
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, Is there no other way to check current controller?

This is what I thought, and hearing it from someone with a lot of knowledge makes me feel better.

any recommendations ?
spm vs. other controllers? pros cons?

I suppose I will start researching, as this project is developing into something other than I originally intended.
Thanks again greatly appreciated
Old 09-26-2015, 01:21 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandb View Post
1. Thanks, Is there no other way to check current controller?

This is what I thought, and hearing it from someone with a lot of knowledge makes me feel better.

2. any recommendations ?
spm vs. other controllers? pros cons?

3. I suppose I will start researching, as this project is developing into something other than I originally intended.
Thanks again greatly appreciated
1. Attached are a couple of troubleshooting guides from Alltrax and you could call Alltrax Tech support, but I'm pretty sure the answer will be the same.
Of course, I might be wrong.

2. The SPM is the latest and greatest technology and you can tweak it to match your needs or driving style.

The AXE is the same technology as the NPX and is user programmable, so it can be tweaked also, but not as many parameters.

3. Contact Scotty, he knows more about what is available for series drive carts than I do.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 02:26 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

AXE first hit production in year 2000. SPM technology is 13 years newer. SPM has higher peak and sustained out puts, reverse polarity protection, and throttle signal auto calculating..... plus cooling fan and way easier interface with usb connection. Basically it's the difference between your new smart phone and your Dad's flip phone.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 03:01 PM   #6
highlandb
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: 95 alltrax questions

My flip phone is so old it has a rotary dial.

Thanks you guys
Scotty I just sent you an email any questions, or advice greatly appreciated
Old 09-26-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
. Basically it's the difference between your new smart phone and your Dad's flip phone.
my kid has the flip phone and i have the smart phone
i pay the bill

trust scotty on controllers
i do
Old 09-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #8
highlandb
Not Yet Wild

Crash,
Thanks, just discovered his site and have ordered a few things from carts unlimited, great service.

that pic is that SPM 48400?

notable differences?
Old 09-26-2015, 03:33 PM   #9
crash test dummy

yes it is
heavy .. usb port.. fan .. Solenoid is heavy duty , came with diode and resistor
also came with cool stickers

here is a 48400 installed on a 48v cc ds

i will be installing the other sunday on a 48v cc ds too
Old 09-26-2015, 04:07 PM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

It's an SPM
Yeah, YOU know it's a GEM
'Cause it's an SPM
I'm running SPM
Keep running SPM
Yeah, YOU know it's a GEM......
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO