lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #31
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent overhaul

We know what your asking. It wouldn't be easy - that's for sure. I think why we keep pointing at kits, is that the 2008+ moves the electronics around, and likely would require a new wiring harness and who-knows-what (meaning a true CC technician like Tahoe) might need replacing. For example, early Precedents had headlight/tail lights wiring included in their harness, but not on later models....so if you have lights now, and you even ordered a new harness; you would need to re-create or cannibalize that. And I'm sure there's more that would need changing - but its out of my pay-grade to say what exactly.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2015, 11:56 AM   #32
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
I understand there are several kits, however I am not going to buy a kit. I am asking if I can buy a 08+ buttery tub and put in my 06. Will it fit my body and frame without modification or is a 08 a completely different cart.

This is what I want to know if will fit my 06?

Ahh, maybe TawhodawgZ71 would know that answer, send him a PM.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:40 PM   #33
minytrker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
We know what your asking. It wouldn't be easy - that's for sure. I think why we keep pointing at kits, is that the 2008+ moves the electronics around, and likely would require a new wiring harness and who-knows-what (meaning a true CC technician like Tahoe) might need replacing. For example, early Precedents had headlight/tail lights wiring included in their harness, but not on later models....so if you have lights now, and you even ordered a new harness; you would need to re-create or cannibalize that. And I'm sure there's more that would need changing - but its out of my pay-grade to say what exactly.
Moving electronics and rewiring stuff isnt a big deal to me, I used to build highly modified cars. Thats why I am just concerned if the actual tub fits in my cart. I can modify my stock tub to work like in the DIY but I can get a 08 tub for around $100 if it will work.
minytrker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:43 PM   #34
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

not all 08 tubs are the same, mid year they changed them.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:38 PM   #35
minytrker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The one I posted said it was for a 2008+ with 6-8v batteries, are there are two versions of that or is there a 4-12v 08 tub also?
Old 01-29-2015, 02:49 PM   #36
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
The one I posted said it was for a 2008+ with 6-8v batteries, are there are two versions of that or is there a 4-12v 08 tub also?

There a 4-12v 08 tub also up to 8008.5, so you are good with that, I would get it but with that conversion I think you will need the aluminum plate or make on because it is designed to have the controller mounted like the newer carts. The Conversion here is utilizing the existing tub and leaving the electronics alone, in the center.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #37
minytrker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Doing some re-wiring and making a new plate for the electronics isnt a big deal for me. Thats why I wasn't interested in any of the turn key kits, since I could save alot of money doing it myself.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:51 PM   #38
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

All battery tubs after 2008.5 are the same. If they've got 12 volts in them from the factory it doesn't mean you can't use 8 volts. There's a plastic insert in the bottom of the tub that snaps out to make room for the 8s. If you've got the new tub with the electronics in the rear, 8s will fit.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:01 PM   #39
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

He has a 2006 Precedent. Regardless, 8s will fit in the existing tub, just with a little modification
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:08 PM   #40
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
He has a 2006 Precedent. Regardless, 8s will fit in the existing tub, just with a little modification
Yes they will. There's a sticky on this site that gives step by step directions on how to do it. I've never used that route, but it looks good to me and I see no problem with it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car