lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2015, 12:40 PM   #11
minytrker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent overhaul

Its a 2006...Whats involved in the conversion?
minytrker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #12
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
Its a 2006...Whats involved in the conversion?
That is why i was asking, unfornuately it is more complicated on your year model than others. There is a link to doing the conversion for your type cart in the stickies. I'd still consider it but it is more involved that just swapping out the batteries.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #13
minytrker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That isnt bad at all, especially with my cart all in pieces right now. It would be pretty easy to modify the tub. I guess the million dollar question is it worth the trouble.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:14 PM   #14
minytrker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I should have listed in my original post I already have an additional 12v battery in the back that runs everything 12v on the cart so my main batteries just are used for driving.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:34 PM   #15
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I should have listed in my original post I already have an additional 12v battery in the back that runs everything 12v on the cart so my main batteries just are used for driving.
Another consideration, if you decide on the 8-6v route, would be to use a 48v to 12v converter just for your 12v accessories and then you could do away with that "extra 12v battery in the back."
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:46 PM   #16
minytrker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I would be scared to get rid of the extra battery I have a stereo, leds, driving lights, 12v outlets, and a phone charger all running on it. We play the stereo for hours at a time also.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #17
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I would be scared to get rid of the extra battery I have a stereo, leds, driving lights, 12v outlets, and a phone charger all running on it. We play the stereo for hours at a time also.
Understand.
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:54 PM   #18
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
That isnt bad at all, especially with my cart all in pieces right now. It would be pretty easy to modify the tub. I guess the million dollar question is it worth the trouble.
My scool of thought, the 8V batteries has a lot more run time but also If you never use it to that extent I will say it would extend the amount of time you would need to replace the batteries also, so in the long run you have some justification of the mods, and your right, it is all apart now is the time to do it.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:35 PM   #19
minytrker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I think Im sold on the conversion. Is there a reason for not moving the electronics to the back wall of the tub like the newer ones or will it all fit inside my current tub like that?

I just saw its a whole different battery tub, will a new one fit in my cart? I found one fairly cheap.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:53 PM   #20
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I think Im sold on the conversion. Is there a reason for not moving the electronics to the back wall of the tub like the newer ones or will it all fit inside my current tub like that?
1/8" Aluminum plate with on 90 degree bend and one hole up top for the one screw that holds it in place. The bottom is slotted to make three tabs that slide into place. I kinda like having it all in the middle though, keeps it protected from potiential water.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...3-18.23.41.jpg

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...3-20.32.12.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car