lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2016, 09:55 AM   #1
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Alltrax XCT48400 PDS Setting Questions

Did a rebuild on this cart and the life of the stock motor was short lived since it was the original from 04 and in rough shape. Just replaced with a D&D 170-500-0001 and I am having some issues getting the cart to run over 20mph. I was doing 26mph with the stock motor before it departed. I know originally ScottyB set my controller up to run on the stock motor but now that I've switched Im wondering if there are some default setups for this motor. I've gone in and tried to set some throttle adjustments but it still is not doing what I believe it should. Oddly enough when I check "enable speed limit" and set the RPM to 6k the cart will not go above 10mph, so I disabled that and consequently I cannot see the RPM on the motor. I have some questions listed below as well as the cart setup. Any help or advice you guys can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2004 EZGO TXT PDS
42v- 7 T105 Trojan Batteries with 4g ScottyB cables
Alltrax XCT48400PDS Controller/HD Solenoid
22" Tires/14" Wheels
5" Drop Axle Lift
Genesis 300 Rear Seat
D&D 170-500-0001

Running conditions are dead flat as this cart is just used to cruise the neighborhood.

Questions:
- On D&Ds website they state all of their motors will run on 36/48 volts, however on the label of my motor it only shows 36v. Does that mean this motor is not compatible wit 48v? Is this the right motor for my setup?
- When I "enable speed limit" the cart only runs 10mph. Does this mean my speed sensor is bad?
- There is a magnet pole selector in the Alltrax software of 4 or 8? What should this setting be?
- Is there a preset mapping for this motor?
- What is the max safe running RPM for this motor?
- Can I raise the KSI voltage in the Alltrax and get more speed?
- With the pedal to the floor i am only gettting 80-81% throttle according to Alltrax software, should I adjust this throttle setting from 20 down to 15?10?5?

Sorry if any of these questions are stupid, I'm in the learning phase with this controller.......
Jwc1621 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO