lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
Scarp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2012 CC Precedent Solenoid Upgrade

I have 2012 CC Precedent getting a PlumQuick Bandit upgrade, would it hurt to change our the Solenoid to a higher one and the cables wires? Would this cause any issue, stock controller...
Scarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2016, 07:32 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 12 CC Precedent Solenoid Upgrade

Improving the power delivery system is never a bad plan. And never hurts the stock motor or controller. Most of the time carts come equipped with 6ga cables, good for golfing. On a CC, The stock solenoid was often a Albright SW80, pretty small, good idea to get a bigger one, definitely do it if you get better cables.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:46 AM   #3
floatingstatic
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2012 CC Precedent Solenoid Upgrade

Which solenoid are you upgrading to, and where did you get it? My 2008.5 seems to have a bad one (in reverse, it will "nudge" about an inch and quit - buzzer goes off, too)
floatingstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:10 PM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingstatic View Post
Which solenoid are you upgrading to, and where did you get it? My 2008.5 seems to have a bad one (in reverse, it will "nudge" about an inch and quit - buzzer goes off, too)
The solenoid is before the controller so it would do this both in reverse as well as forward... What does your cart do in forward?
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:52 PM   #5
floatingstatic
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

It does the same in forward, though hardly moves at all (fraction of an inch), and no buzzer, of course.

Strangely, I can hear the "click" of what I believe to be is the solenoid as soon as I step on the gas...
Old 04-23-2016, 06:53 PM   #6
floatingstatic
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

@Scarp -
Which solenoid did you get? I have the Plum Quick Bandit, too!
Old 04-23-2016, 08:28 PM   #7
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingstatic View Post
It does the same in forward, though hardly moves at all (fraction of an inch), and no buzzer, of course.

Strangely, I can hear the "click" of what I believe to be is the solenoid as soon as I step on the gas...
Listen very closely and you should hear a faint click coming from the micro switch in the gas petal and a louder click coming from the solenoid which is behind and under you. Lets start at the batteries are they fully charged, what is your overall pack voltage at rest and then again while your trying to get your cart to move?
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:18 PM   #8
Scarp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have not bought one yet. does anyone have suggestions as to which one to get and what cables/wires to upgrade...
Scarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:38 PM   #9
floatingstatic
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Listen very closely and you should hear a faint click coming from the micro switch in the gas petal and a louder click coming from the solenoid which is behind and under you. Lets start at the batteries are they fully charged, what is your overall pack voltage at rest and then again while your trying to get your cart to move?
Sorry for the delay, but it's at ~50.1V idle, WOT on click (solenoid or accelerate switch) varied from about 30V a all the way down to 11 once (?!) perhaps my multimeter is a tad slow on the sample rate.... but went immediately back up to ~50V before releasing the pedal...

I did notice my passenger front battery (I have a 4x12V config) drops faster than the other three - after about a half day unplugged and 0 usage voltage was 11.4V...
Old 04-29-2016, 09:41 PM   #10
floatingstatic
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarp View Post
I have not bought one yet. does anyone have suggestions as to which one to get and what cables/wires to upgrade...
I see the guys at Plum Quick sell them, if my problem is in fact the solenoid I'd go to them as they are extremely helpful and generally good guys to deal with - unless someone on this thread sells them that is!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car