lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2008, 07:30 AM   #1
shlong
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default What parts need to be lubed or have fluids added.

Just returned from our first trip with our '91 CC that I had been restoring. Ran great but heard a few sounds occassionally that made me wonder if I should service when I got home. At times there would be a low roar coming from the rear end/motor area. Also I'm sure my wheel bearings will need to be re-packed. Was waiting for the new wheels and tires after I got home.

Ran good other than that. Had just installed new Pacer batteries and those seem fine for our needs. Ran strong and long even loaded down with the wife and 3 kids. Cart runs 16mph with just me on it and down to about 13mph fully loaded. Slowed going up inclines but remained steady. All stock other that rear steel flip seat. (75#'s ?)

I got alot of ideas to add to the wish list while at the beach, alot of cool carts. Mine is in what I think is great condition for a '91. How cautious should I be about putting money into a cart this age?

Thanks in advance for any help and glad to be back home so I can catch up on the boards!
shlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

Default Re: What parts need to be lubed or have fluids added.

Just depends on if you are planning on selling it or just having fun with it (In my opinion). I am probably going to end up with WAY too much in mine, but I am having fun, and I am doing a little at a time, so that is worth $$$ to me.
Plus, I saw an OLD cart at a store at the beach this past weekend and it was PLAIN and they still wanted $1800 for it! I bet the thing was an 80's model!!
gsxrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car