lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
crawdad
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 CC 48V Reverse Quit Working - Solenoid Still Clicks

95 CC 48V - I was backing up when I felt a short series of "bumps" and reverse just quit working. The solenoid still clicks when you depress the pedal and forward works fine. I am not electrically inclined (can build most anything out of wood), but I have a son who is an electrician and he can use a meter. I just need to know where to start and what to look for. All of the wires are connected to the microswitches on the forward/reverse switch. That's about the extent of my trouble-shooting.
crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 95 CC 48V Reverse Quit Working - Solenoid Still Clicks

Start by giving forum info about what model of 1995 CC 48 volt do you have, give complete serial number under passenger glove box on frame. Its really confusing in 1995-1996 CC because these were experimental years and company ownership changes that makes confirming what you have important. Does it have a lever type F&R control under right leg ( series motor ) OR does it have a black box afair in same location with a rocker type switch for F&R ( Regen ) as controls are different with each type?
The next step will depend on what model you have so will wait for your info to procced.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

MEC, I thought Club Car made only Series carts in 1995. First year of 48v ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

SCOTTYB NO I have seen some mid year to late model 1995's with stock regen. Thats the reason I asked for confirmation of what he has, besides maybe some one converted it??? Wouldn't you like to do another regen CC etc cart? Seems like you worked on a regen before HA HA?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car