lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2019, 09:40 AM   #1
Mitchshephard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2014 ERIC CART charging issue

I have a stock 2014 club car with the ERIC charger . When it is plug in to the cart I’m not getting the 3 flashes from the carts battery indicator light and I’m not getting the buzzer sound indicating that the carts charging . The charger kicks on and shows it’s charging , but after a while it starts flashing yellow indicating it’s didnt deliver a full charge . The pack only tests at 46.5 volts and will not go any higher . Batteries are only around a year old . Is this most likely a charger issue or a battery issue ? This my first time messing with an ERIC cart.
Mitchshephard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:44 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2014 ERIC CART charging issue

You may have a dead battery, have you already measure each individual battery voltage?

Use the 20Vdc setting on your meter so you can get 2 decimal places on the readings and post them.

Also look for any other wires connected to any individual battery as it can be the reason for the battery failure.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #3
Mitchshephard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I’m getting 7.5 v on each battery and total of 46.5v across the pack
Old 06-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchshephard View Post
I’m getting 7.5 v on each battery and total of 46.5v across the pack
7.5v x 6 = 45v

You really sure read those voltages on the 20Vdc scale to get 2 decimal places.

Does the voltage reading taken at the charger receptacle matches the pack voltage?
Old 06-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #5
Mitchshephard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It’s like it’s just not accepting charge
Old 06-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #6
Mitchshephard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sorry , but I’m not exactly sure where your going with that last response! Originally I meant to put 7.75v not 7.5v and And yes I’m using 20v dc. Reading is a couple tenths lower at the plug .
Just took it for a spin around the block (about 1/4 mile ) when I got home I drove to back of yard where I have a hill about 20-25 degrees and it barely went up . After golf cart started lurching a few feet at time all the way back to workshop. I’m betting on batteries just being crap.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #7
Mitchshephard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Battery indicator light steady blinking. Pack tested at 44.2v each battery was around 7.2-7.3v all differed slightly . Reading at plug was also a few tenths lower. Tried charging and charger kept kicking on and off . I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it finally started charging . Now the pack only got to 46.1v after charger stopped and started flashing yellow triangle.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:02 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

As You know each battery should be around 8.6v after the charging cycle finishes and they rest for a few hours.

Taking individual battery readings is to make sure a single battery or two are not the cause of the issue.

Measuring the voltage from the charger receptacle is to confirm they are wired properly.

Since the batteries are just one year old and unless you never added any water it would be very difficult to have used all of their chemical elements.

if you have not checked lately, make sure all batteries have water.

The ERIC charger collects a lot of diagnostic information that you can download and review using their free iDAT software.

Get a USB memory stick formatted as FAT32 and follow the instructions in the Delta-Q website to read the diagnostic info:

https://delta-q.com/software-accessories/
Old 06-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #9
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What's the water level in the batteries?

What brand are they?

Did you update the charge algorithm in the ERIC charger when you replaced the batteries?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:07 PM   #10
Mitchshephard
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The golf cart belongs to my father in law , so I’m not sure how often he checks the batteriesall I know is he thought he had a issue with the OBC . So he pulled out the batteries to change OBC . He didn’t find the OBC so I said I would take a look at it . The batteries have water in them they look good . They are from a place called rural king I believe deka makes them . Them all being at the same low voltage is kinda what’s confusing me I think . I could understand 1-2 being bad but all of them !
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car