lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
B_Alford2
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default CC Precedent Surging With New Controller

I just installed my programmable alltrax 500 amp controller to my 2006 club car precedent. I have upgraded to two gauge battery cables and to a HD solenoid. I have everything hooked up correct, I have triple checked. When i start to push the accelerator it starts to "surge" or studder by stopping and going untill i push the accelerator all the way down and then it goes to normal speed. What could the problem be? Does the controller need to be programmed to a certain setting or something? Or has something gone bad on the cart?
B_Alford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Re: CC Precedent Surging With New Controller

This happened to me and seems to be common. My opinion is that it's the activation of the foot "gas" pedal.

With the new controller you obviously have more power to motor. I can only assume that the original build or schematic did'nt call for this - so testing was never an issue.

with the new "go go" when you place foot on pedal cart wants to go go. But your brain says - Woa woa -so you take pressure off the pedal instinctively, the cart slows - you put more pressure on the carts go go's - you woa woa - .... rinse and repeat.

you need to just "train the brain" to trust pressure needed for new controller.

my .03 (I like to give an extra cent)
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
B_Alford2
Getting Wild

Club Car

Dela, I know exactly what you are talking about because my brother has an EZ-Go with an upggraded controller in which that was the case at first. However I dont think that is quite the case with my CC. I jacked the rear end of the golf cart up just to see what was going on. I slightly pressed the accelerator with my hand and about half way down it starts to go,stop,go,stop (without releasing the accelerator), and then when i go to push it all the way down it starts acting normal.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
B_Alford2
Getting Wild

Club Car

I would also like to add, when the accelerator gets pushed half way down and the go,stop,go,stop (or surging) occurs, its not a very quick or fast surge its a fairly slow surge and not jumpy until the accelerator gets pushed all the way down then it goes to normal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts