lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
FireGuy235
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 EZ-GO Marathon running hot

First time poster so I hope I don't tick anyone off. LOL

I bought a 92 Marathon 2 cycle and the engine seems to run hot. After running it around for about 15-20 mins I noticed my butt was really warm. Is this normal? The self mixing setup on this cart has been bypassed and I'm pre mixing my fuel once to one gallon or 128:1 which is what the dealer told me. Also sometimes it backfires. I've done a lot of searches and haven't found anything. Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced!
FireGuy235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2011, 01:23 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 EZ-GO Marathon running hot

Screw You, we're mad now. Go home.

Welcome to the forums, Amigo - to answer your question, yeah, these 2-strokes can run a little hot, but there are a few things you can do to make sure they're not running hot enough to cause troubles. First, it's a bit of work, but pulling the heatshield/shroud around the cylinder and cleaning it out (as well as the fins on the jug) will generally be something that hasn't been done in years, and will make your little 2-stroke run a lot cooler.

Second, giving your muffler a bbq (search "Muffler BBQ" here in the forums, I'm not kidding) can open up the flow quite a bit, and being as your 3PG has a muffler laterally mounted under the seat, it can help alleviate warming in the "southern region"

Again, Welcome
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
FireGuy235
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick reply and the welcome!

I found the thread on muffler bbq-ING I'm going to try it this week. I will report back.

Thanks again.
FireGuy235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also check to make sure someone didn't replace your gas cart seat with an electric one. There is a piece of heat shield that should be screwed into the wood on the bottom of the seat.

Yah, I'm totally ticked now too.....LOL.

Welcome here!
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backfire, ezgo, hot, marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO