lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
Valkyrie Rider
Not Yet Wild

Smile Converting 98, G16 from 36 to 48 volts

Other than changing the charger to a 48 volt charger and adding 2 more 6 volt batteries. What else should I consider doing? New to modding carts.

Bought the 98 off ebay for $500.00---Charged the batteries and repaired the rear bumper and rear seat and tested. Will only run 12mph with gps. Is this normal speed for this unit.
Valkyrie Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2008, 12:55 AM   #2
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Default Re: Converting 98, G16 from 36 to 48 volts

12 mph is the recommended speed for a "golf" car.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie Rider View Post
Other than changing the charger to a 48 volt charger and adding 2 more 6 volt batteries. What else should I consider doing? New to modding carts.

Bought the 98 off ebay for $500.00---Charged the batteries and repaired the rear bumper and rear seat and tested. Will only run 12mph with gps. Is this normal speed for this unit.
Tough questions indeed. The small question you asked is worth "thousands" of dollars with batteries/charger/controller/motor and other upgrades! Do you want "speed or torque"?.... I would recomend 6- 8 volts (to fit in the original battery trays) unless you want to remote mount batteries in the bag well area or fabricate new battery trays. There are many aftermarket companies that sell replacement motors (if thats want you want) but I can't say for shure you "stock" controller and wiring has enough "amp" rating for these upgrades. You may even need to upgrade your cables. You may want to look at the club car and ezgo electric sections. There was just a post about a "Alltrax" controller update that might steer you into the direction you want. And last... The "Advanced DC" section (I beleive) is full of "Extreme" electric golf car builds. Set your goals....do your research....open up you wallet and build the car "YOU WANT" ! You may want to look into ( I'm still trying to understand) "AC" motor/controller set ups, there principal is...more efficiant! Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #4
Valkyrie Rider
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. I have been reading and will read more. I am just starting to understand what I need. Really just want more speed and a better system. The AC thing also has me interested.
Valkyrie Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
ggarza1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Tough questions indeed. The small question you asked is worth "thousands" of dollars with batteries/charger/controller/motor and other upgrades! Do you want "speed or torque"?.... I would recomend 6- 8 volts (to fit in the original battery trays) unless you want to remote mount batteries in the bag well area or fabricate new battery trays. There are many aftermarket companies that sell replacement motors (if thats want you want) but I can't say for shure you "stock" controller and wiring has enough "amp" rating for these upgrades. You may even need to upgrade your cables. You may want to look at the club car and ezgo electric sections. There was just a post about a "Alltrax" controller update that might steer you into the direction you want. And last... The "Advanced DC" section (I beleive) is full of "Extreme" electric golf car builds. Set your goals....do your research....open up you wallet and build the car "YOU WANT" ! You may want to look into ( I'm still trying to understand) "AC" motor/controller set ups, there principal is...more efficiant! Good luck Dave

How do you wire the 2 new batteries from the bagwell area into the original batteries? I have 2 new batteries that I need to wire in, but I am clueless as to how to do it. I already have a 48 volt solenoid installed, and an Alltrax 400 amp controller, upgraded cables, a new 48 volt charger, and a plum quick motor. I just need to figure out how to wire those suckers in.
ggarza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha