lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2020, 11:39 AM   #1
drewboy455
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 3pg frame swap

I just purchased my 1st cart. it is an 89 ezgo 3pg. After driving it around for a little while I noticed the rear end felt a little squirrely. I looked under the cart and realized the frame rusted out where the rear engine carriage mounts to the front frame. I found a 1990 ezgo electric cart that I think I can get pretty cheap. I know there is a difference between the rear carriage from a gasser to an electric cart but are the front frames the same? Any guidance is greatly appreciated!!!!
drewboy455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2020, 08:56 PM   #2
Nascarfastcar
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 89 3pg frame swap

I would assume both house that cradle. But I think electric carts have leaf springs in rear while gas have coils. Its probably easier to have someone refab that 2in tubing. Got any pics?
Nascarfastcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:47 PM   #3
NEMESIS9
Getting Wild

The frames are completely different in the back between gas and electric. You would be better off welding a replacement piece/patch onto the current frame.

Gas version has a full subframe which connects tot he frame with rear shocks and coil springs, the electric has battery trays and the transaxle sits on leaf springs. The rest of the body/vehicle parts are interchangeable but not that rea.
NEMESIS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:27 AM   #4
drewboy455
Not Yet Wild

I found another frame for $20 but one of the mounts was cut off the frame. I think I can salvage the good one from my current frame and weld it back on the new frame. My current frame is pretty rotten, I'm not sure I could get to clean metal before the bends in the frame. Here are 2 pics but they're not great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200629_192312.jpg (200.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200629_192436.jpg (178.5 KB, 0 views)
drewboy455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO