lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2019, 05:35 PM   #1
rickezgoesit
Not Yet Wild

Angry 2019 RXV Freedom Elite - BMS Fault on Initial Charge

My new 2019 RXV Freedom Elite (60 amp lithium) arrived today at my club - charge gauge showed 3/4 full - 2 blocks down the road later, the charge level fell below "E" - I limped the cart into my garage and now it will not charge - the QuiQ charging lights show 4 flashing red lights - indicating BMS fault I believe - I have tried to reset by unplugging for 30 seconds and then plugging back in - no luck - still throwing off BMS fault lights on QuiQ charge unit. Any suggestions...? It appears that the battery fully discharged for some reason...or simply has failed.
rickezgoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2019, 04:46 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2019 RXV Freedom Elite - BMS Fault on Initial Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickezgoesit View Post
My new 2019 RXV Freedom Elite (60 amp lithium) arrived today at my club - charge gauge showed 3/4 full - 2 blocks down the road later, the charge level fell below "E" - I limped the cart into my garage and now it will not charge - the QuiQ charging lights show 4 flashing red lights - indicating BMS fault I believe - I have tried to reset by unplugging for 30 seconds and then plugging back in - no luck - still throwing off BMS fault lights on QuiQ charge unit. Any suggestions...? It appears that the battery fully discharged for some reason...or simply has failed.
The dealer should have charged it, plain and simple. The BMS went into protection mode. Call the dealer and tell them. Let them deal with it. Where ae you located?
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:37 AM   #3
rickezgoesit
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Bob - I’m in Naples, FL, but I purchased from an out of state dealer - they are finding a local tech to come look at it for me - the charge level dropped to zero while driving, so I’m thinking either the gauge was faulty and/or there’s a bigger issue with the battery or BMS - was hoping someone had a quick fix out there to get battery level back up to over the BMS protection threshold. Thx
rickezgoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:44 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickezgoesit View Post
Thanks Bob - I’m in Naples, FL, but I purchased from an out of state dealer - they are finding a local tech to come look at it for me - the charge level dropped to zero while driving, so I’m thinking either the gauge was faulty and/or there’s a bigger issue with the battery or BMS - was hoping someone had a quick fix out there to get battery level back up to over the BMS protection threshold. Thx
Lithium cells and packs are shipped in a lowered state of charge in order to lessen risk during transport. Dropping below minimum charge voltage causes permanent damage to many lithium battery chemistry cells. The longer they remain below that threshold, the more permanent damage is done. Even if you must bypass the BMS cutoff, you really need to bring the voltage up on those cells. The longer you wait, the more damage is done.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:04 AM   #5
InariainodA

Default 2019 RXV Freedom Elite BMS Fault on Initial Charge

The authoritative answer, curiously...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO