lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2020, 07:28 PM   #71
Pope
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 89 EZGO - Electrical System Overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
That threaded hole sounds like the pulse port for the fuel pump, think I read you have an electric pump. So you'll need to plug the hole with a short screw and sealer
Electric fuel pump just died. I ordered factory fuel pump set up to replace it. Any ideas on screw size and pitch I need to mount the thing?
Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2020, 07:55 PM   #72
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

6x1mm

Make sure it's sealed airtight. Your plastic spacer is probably missing, so you will only have the O ring on the bottom of the pump.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #73
Pope
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
6x1mm

Make sure it's sealed airtight. Your plastic spacer is probably missing, so you will only have the O ring on the bottom of the pump.
Is there anything about these carts you don't know??

Thank you!!
Old 11-26-2020, 10:50 AM   #74
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope View Post
Is there anything about these carts you don't know??

Thank you!!
Yes!!! Tons, and tons that I don't know. I am mostly electrical, and two stroke engines. I have done very little to my front end, and brakes.

I have never messed with a 4 stroke cart. I just happen to know that most of the bolts on a 2 stroke EZGO engine are 6x1mm.

It also helps that I troubleshoot airliners for a living. That makes me very good at reading manuals.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:28 PM   #75
Pope
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
6x1mm

Correct theres no plastic spacer and just the o ring. I did order the gasket...came in a set of 2 so I used both.

Of course it didn't work on my first attempt. Any immediate ideas to get that bugger to seal up??
Old 12-01-2020, 07:47 AM   #76
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Just go with the O ring.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:53 AM   #77
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Some of them were a remote mount pump. The center hole had a barb sticking out to attach a pulse hose. The pump was then mounted next to the fuel tank. Both types of pump are available.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:29 AM   #78
Pope
Not Yet Wild

Hello friends! Pump is great. Had the muffler welded with new pipes to fix multiple leaks. Running great and much quieter!

New problem....throttle stuck wide open. The micro switch hangs up occasionally where you have to stomp the gas to get it to disconnect. Over the weekend though the throttle would stick and not spring back when you let off the gas pedal.

I started by messing with the linkage arms that connect the throttle cable to the carb. The bolt inside the linkage snapped so I'm improvising by turning the retaining bolt backwards (pictures coming tomorrow). Problem is the throttle cable has play in it and I think that's causing the lack of "snap back" to get the throttle to release.

Does that make any sense? Any ideas? Could I put a knot in the cable to take up some slack?
Old 03-17-2021, 11:59 AM   #79
Pope
Not Yet Wild

I took the throttle cable loose at the carb and sprayed some WD40 down the sheath and soaked the bottom end and started working it back and forth. It seemed to get a little easier so I put it back together and it has been running better but I don't have it adjusted to get to full throttle. I think I'm on the right path, but just don't have it adjusted correctly yet. I also bought a couple of electric carts to tinker on...thank you all for your help in getting this one up and going. What a learning experience for me that I have treasured!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO