lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2020, 07:05 PM   #61
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Took the RoyPow plunge

Interesting... with my setup below, on flat ground and with a good tail wind, it can get up to 30mph (rpm limited) and doesn't have any trouble going up hill with my 255 lb gorilla ***, a 135 lb wife, and a 120 lb Cane Corso in it. Granted my motor is wound for torque vs speed. Also, I'm pretty sure I only backed the amperage off to 400 but cant remember and would have to dig the windows machine out of the back of the closet to check. Have short steep hills here though. Not too many long grinds.
Zeusmotorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2020, 07:17 PM   #62
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is not related to the amp settings, after all if your cart needed 360A to cruise the 105AH pack would have less than 20 minutes run time.

Just to be clear, we are talking about "Battery Amps" setting, not "Armature Amps" setting.

What is your max rpm setting and field map used?

Doing wheelies is almost directly related to the throttle rate, change that to 80% or higher and you will do wheelies but the cart also gets hard to drive.

When I used by FN type switch I had a "launch mode" just for fun but stopped that practice since it is not good for the cart, electrically or mechanically.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:23 PM   #63
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGrisw0ld View Post
I installed the 105ah in an Onward with a PQ Executioner and XCT controller. Initial results have me a bit disappointed.

I limited amperage on the controller to 360 like Sergio recommended and with those settings cart will do about 32mph. It did 30 with SLA so it's a little underwhelming after shedding 400lbs. I live in an area with a LOT of hills and the pack keeps shutting itself down going up hills if I give it 3/4 throttle with only me in the cart. Looks like I'll have to drop the amperage even farther.

I haven't tested how many miles I get on a charge yet.

I also can confirm, contrary to what was reported by another poster, that there have been no wheelies popped of any kind.
What size tires are you running?

I would for sure limit battery amps to less than 360 if you are hitting the BMS shutoff, and especially if you are in an area with so many hills. That's a killer on the electrical system, esp. if you've got larger tires and you aren't using a torque-oriented rear end gear ratio (which I'd think would be ideal for hilly terrain if you aren't using 20" or smaller tires).

Not familiar with PQ DC motors or their controllers, but on flat ground my Navitas 5KW AC setup (Onward cart, 105ah Roypow), with just me in the cart, draws 220 amps max. from the battery under full acceleration from a stop - and only for about a second or so, as it then drops pretty quickly as the cart speed increases. Maxes on flat ground at 37 with 12psi, 38 and maybe some change if you run higher air pressure in the tires and give it some road. Don't have hills, so I'm running 23" tires with stock gear ratio.

I've also set current limit from battery to 175 in testing and there isn't a whole lot of difference in responsiveness in the cart - quicker of course if you set it higher, but not by that much. I leave it set at 350 but tend to be slow to moderate on the acceleration by my driving style (but it's there if you want to...)

Can run full acceleration from a stop with 4 people (we're not a real heavy group - 540 lbs total), with my current limit set at 350 without issue.

I've never had my Roypow BMS trigger for any reason. I've run it down to zero bars (per cell voltage still in "green" zone at this point on the SOC meter) and did some pretty strenuous testing when I first put it in. But I've got ideal conditions, as mentioned - no hills, paved roads and cart paths, etc..., so obviously this is a major factor.

My experience (so far), anyway, after 6 months of ownership - probably 45-50 miles average use per week over that time. Capacity and voltages still exactly where they were when it was new.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:00 AM   #64
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

fstop,

Like yourself, other than running the battery pack all the way down (know my limits now), I've not experienced a BMS shutdown.
Zeusmotorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:47 PM   #65
CWGrisw0ld
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That is not related to the amp settings, after all if your cart needed 360A to cruise the 105AH pack would have less than 20 minutes run time.

Just to be clear, we are talking about "Battery Amps" setting, not "Armature Amps" setting.

What is your max rpm setting and field map used?

Doing wheelies is almost directly related to the throttle rate, change that to 80% or higher and you will do wheelies but the cart also gets hard to drive.

When I used by FN type switch I had a "launch mode" just for fun but stopped that practice since it is not good for the cart, electrically or mechanically.

I mostly have the default settings from Altrax when I bought the controller. Only thing I changed was decreasing the Max motoring battery amps to 350 from the 500 it was set to before.

Max RPM was set to 6000, I found that decreasing to 4600 kept the pack from shutting down on a mild hill near the house, but it really made the cart feel sluggish.

List of settings:
KSI on voltage 24
Under Voltage 40
Over voltage 62
Max motoring Armature amps 500
Max motoring battery amps 349.9
Max regen armature amps 64
Max regen battery amps 64
plug braking current 250.1
speed limit 6000 (or 4600)
throttle rate 25%
turbo checked
Field map: PQ-EXECUTIONER-V2

For fstop: My cart has the factory lift and 22" tires
CWGrisw0ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car