lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
dan161
Getting Wild

Default Wheel alignment and toe in

I have a 90 marathon with a 6 inch Jakes lift on it and 22 in tires. I was trying to get the alignment and toe in adjusted last night since the guy who put it on doesn't appear to have been very mechanically inclined. The problem I have is I got the toe in adjusted to around 3/8 in but then when I look at the tires from the front I still have one tire that physically looks to have toe out.

I took off the tie rod going across from side to side and set both wheels as straight as I could, then put the tie rod back on and adjusted toe in, but when I was done I had toe out in one wheel again.

I tried adjusting the tie rod from steering arm on lift to steering rod on coming from column and it didn't seem to make a huge difference and I was afraid of running out of threads if I kept cranking it out. What am I missing here. There has to be something I'm not doing correctly but I can't figure out what.

Thanks
dan161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Wheel alignment and toe in

I'm not familiar with marathon steering, but "IF" you have a tie rod that goes from wheel to wheel and adjust it for toe-in then the toe-in is right, * rulers never lie. Then take the other tie rod off, then center your steering wheel (by turning left, right and finding center) then with your wheels straight adjust the tie rod to fit back on.

* Obama being the exception.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts