lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2021, 11:40 AM   #1
spillwaysportsman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo TXT Bad solenoid? Controller?

Guys,

I have a 48V EZGO TXT. In June I replaced the batteries, cart worked great. In September my F/R switch went out and I replaced it with the Heavy Duty version. Cart has worked great until now. When I parked it two weeks ago, it was working fine. Now I have nothing. At times, my cart volt meter is not even reading voltage with the key on. Currently, when I turn the key on it reads voltage but when I hit the pedal is goes off and comes back on when I release the pedal. I took off every battery connection and cleaned them/tightened them. I can hear the "micro" switch clicking but the solenoid is not clicking. Can someone point me in the direction on where to start?
spillwaysportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2021, 12:51 PM   #2
TGJR
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo TXT Bad solenoid? Controller?

If the solenoid isn't clicking then your problem is in the low voltage activation circuit. I have seen a damaged wire in the activation circuit become corroded to the point where it would let pack voltage through at sitting but as soon as the pedal micro switch closes and the solenoid tries to operate, all voltage was lost.
TGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:25 PM   #3
spillwaysportsman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like it could very well be my issue..

Now for the stupid question.. Is there anyway for me test/confirm this?
Old 04-12-2021, 01:34 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I am assuming this is a series cart so attached is the activation circuit diagram. Start at reed switch and go until you find where it is dropping out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5DC7EC46-7AF9-47E9-9639-7044C667F476.jpeg (120.7 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:48 PM   #5
spillwaysportsman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am assuming by reed switch you are talking about a switch in my charger receptacle. Looks like my cart does not have one, just a white and black. Voltage is as follows with the key off:
Solenoid:
Small terminal towards rear:0
Small terminal towards front:0
Large terminal passenger side:49
Large terminal driver side:50

Controller:
B+49
B-(crazy numbers)
M-49

F&R switch
All @ 50

Charge port:
50v

50v from batteries
Old 04-12-2021, 10:13 PM   #6
TGJR
Gone Wild

Start at the charging port and work your way down the line of the low voltage activation circuit and test for pack voltage when you press the gas pedal down. If you do have a damaged wire or bad connection somewhere, everything upstream of it (towards the charging port, away from the solenoid) should maintain pack voltage when the solenoid is trying to energize.

In the case I mentioned before, I was missing the problem in the wire because I had pack voltage all the way to the pedal micro switch (last stop before the solenoid) but nothing past it. Tried 3 different micro switches before I realized I was not only losing pack voltage downstream of the pedal micro, but upstream of it too. That's when I started digging through the wiring and found the damaged wire under the cart.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:04 AM   #7
spillwaysportsman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you. I will give that a try. Was your battery voltage indicator at all affected by this? Right now it is a toss up if my voltage meter will even "read power" when the key is turned on. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. And if it is on, when I press the pedal, the indicator light turns off.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:48 PM   #8
TGJR
Gone Wild

I had disconnected everything outside of the original cart wiring when troubleshooting the problem. But had the battery meter been hooked up, it would have definitely dropped out when the pedal was pressed as it was tied to the key switch power which was downstream from the damaged wire.

The damaged wire was in between the charging port and the key switch.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:16 PM   #9
spillwaysportsman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Guys,

Cant thank yall enough! After hours of searching, found a partially cut wire under cart and under a (skid plate)? Just as TGJR said. Thanks again!

Next project, figuring out how to make this F&R switch easier to move.
Old 04-15-2021, 07:50 AM   #10
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillwaysportsman View Post
Guys,

Cant thank yall enough! After hours of searching, found a partially cut wire under cart and under a (skid plate)? Just as TGJR said. Thanks again!

Next project, figuring out how to make this F&R switch easier to move.
Caddy shifter. Cheap and easy to install
Attached Images
File Type: jpg index.jpg (3.1 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO