lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2021, 07:45 PM   #1
Bryans200583
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 club car ds intermittent surge

I have a 1999 club car ds 48v series cart. It’ll run good sometimes in forward and then it’ll just stop. If I hit the pedal a few times or switch it off and on, it’ll start going again. Also, sometimes going up a hill, I can feel it kinda have surges or power. Going in reverse is a total different story. Zero power or speed in reverse. Won’t hardly make it up a slight incline. I have replaced the vglide with one in my personal cart that I know is good and replaced the solenoid with a good HD solenoid. Not a cheap one from Amazon. I also upgraded all my battery cables to #2 wire. Still does the same thing. I checked all the wires and everything is tight and there was one wire that was getting a little warm and it was the green wire going from the controller to the motor a1 post. Any suggestions or do you think it could be something in my controller? I just had it rebuilt and upgraded by CAPS. Thanks in advance for the help.
Bryans200583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2021, 08:19 PM   #2
TigerGolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1999 club car ds intermittent surge

Have you tested the input and output voltage on the controller? I have a 97 ds and the input voltage was god on the controller, but the output voltage was less than half of the input. I changed it out and it works.
TigerGolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:36 PM   #3
Bryans200583
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerGolfcart View Post
Have you tested the input and output voltage on the controller? I have a 97 ds and the input voltage was god on the controller, but the output voltage was less than half of the input. I changed it out and it works.
Ok. Where would I check that on the controller. I assume the yellow wire coming off the alley would be my voltage in, and my blue wire going to the switch be voltage out? Or do I check somewhere else? Thanks
Bryans200583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #4
TigerGolfcart
Not Yet Wild

I had to look up the controller and wiring diagrams for mine. I have a 97 series cart, and the positive comes off the solenoid... I have a B +, B - and M terminal on my controller.. you’ll have to look up the specific controller you have. I also used this video to help me out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwC2KvakWDo

The controller test is about 23:30 into the video. But this video helped me test everything to find my issue...
TigerGolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48v, club car, series
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car