lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2021, 06:50 PM   #1
ddurrett896
Not Yet Wild

Default 21' Drive PTV How to get VIN and Title

Hey just bought a 21' Yamaha Drive PTV gas. Has brake lights, blinkers, headlights and horn which will keep the police off my back but I'm unable to register. Need a VIN and title to register as low speed vehicle and drive legally with a plate in Virginia.

Anyone used https://www.dirtlegal.com/?

Second option I was thinking was to buy an old LSV that has a title and register that but put the tags on the cart.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
ddurrett896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2021, 08:41 PM   #2
phipps33
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 21' Drive PTV How to get VIN and Title

Sounds like a call to your local BMV is in order. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Taking a titled cart and attaching its VIN to your cart sounds like a good way to end up on the wrong side of the law.
phipps33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:00 PM   #3
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

Many municipalities have a defined avenue when you need to apply for a VIN. Typically they see this more with homebuilt vehicles and trailers.

I attempted to apply for a VIN in my county in Georgia but was shut down multiple times, even though my cart met all the requirements on an LSV. I ultimately ended up selling and purchasing a different cart that was manufactured with a VIN.

As ddurrett896 stated your best bet is to start digging around on your local tag and state websites for the appropriate forms. Depending on how thorough they want to be they may also require an inspection of the cart. Good luck.
Mbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:01 PM   #4
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

This might be a good start

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/vsa22.pdf
Mbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 11:04 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You should be able to get one for it, because some states do not require them for offroad toys and vehicles so if you buy out of state you need a way to get one at home. The dmv should have a process.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha