lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2021, 11:37 AM   #1
Ezgoesit123
Not Yet Wild

Default Kf82 springbok

Hello everyone I'm trying to get in touch with springbok but being that I'm new I can't use pm yet, or I guess that's how that works! But anyways I've got an 89 club car ds with the KF82 getting ready to do a rebuild. I'm looking to buy a new DRIVE clutch for it and from all the posts/threads I've read that springbok has been involved in on this subject, I'm feeling pretty confident that any ds drive clutch from 88-14 will work for my motor but I'm just trying to get in touch with him or any knowledgeable person on this subject to be 100% sure it will work before I buy one! Thanks in advance
Ezgoesit123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2021, 12:56 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Kf82 springbok

You should be fine. I’ve only had one KF82 cart but it had the same clutch on it that every other club car I’ve owned has had. And I’ve used newer style clutches on older rotation motors with no ill effects also. I’ve actually opened up a clutch from a 93 right next to one from a 98(ish) and couldn’t tell the difference internally either.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:48 AM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Yes. It will work. I have videos about it on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55yeRnUqqVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_2qwBPEjvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGIiQcBqZvQ
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:19 PM   #4
Ezgoesit123
Not Yet Wild

Thank you guys both for the quick response. I really appreciate y'all's help. I've ordered a clutch and feel confident from the advice.

I also had one other question...the retainer bolt for the clutch, is that a 3/8 fine thread bolt? Or is it metric? and also how long should it be?
Old 04-23-2021, 07:36 PM   #5
Ezgoesit123
Not Yet Wild

And also while I've got some good club car minds here, my cart is an 89 DS and I've been looking for the wrap around seat bracket or I guess what would be the older style 'hip restraint', I'm not sure what the technical term for it would be. I'm having no luck finding one. Do they not produce then anymore? Or am I using the wrong term to search for them?
Old 04-23-2021, 07:56 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If it’s missing the seat frame with the hip restraints you may be SOL. Your best bet (and easiest route) would be to find a seat bottom from a newer DS with the plastic hip restraints. People replace their stock seats with aftermarket upgrades and sell the old ones pretty cheap. orrrrr buy the hip restraints and the metal hinge tabs. Then cut plywood and foam and make your own seat. The replacement parts are fairly easy to find to make your own.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:27 PM   #7
Ezgoesit123
Not Yet Wild

I attached a picture of the seat frame I was talking about. I assume we're on the same page but just wanted to clarify. I may be SOL, maybe I can find a used one somewhere

I've got a new replacement seat already, and it has preset threaded holes on the bottom. But being that I didn't have a seat and this is my first club car I really have no point of reference as to how everything is meant to be mounted. Do you know if the newer style plastic hip restraints would mount up to the older style seat? I know on my ezgo the hip restraints mount to the bottom of the seat and there are cutouts in the body for them to sit into so the seat will sit flush.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210423-211618~2.jpg (16.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2021, 10:12 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I know that seat frame well. I’ve had many of them :)

The newer style seats should work fine in place of the older ones. Biggest difference is the hip restraints are what sit on the body instead of the plywood on the sides. On the older ones the frame rests on the hinges in the front, and the frame rests on the body across the whole back of it

I see older carts frequently with new style seats. I can’t 100% say it will work on the old fiberglass bodies (though it should...) but if you have the plastic body there should be no issue. If you choose to make your own seat I can give measurements for the plywood. The rest is just foam and vinyl
Old 04-24-2021, 09:39 AM   #9
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

The new seat (2000.5-up) will work fine on all the DS bodies. No issue.

But...if you want to put the newer style plastic hip restraints on the older seat (2000-earlier), that will not work without modification. The newer seats have an indentation in the wood on the bottom on either side that the new hip restraints fit into. You'd have to pull the upholstry off, and cut out new wood backing, then reupholster. Not worth the trouble unless you need to re-upholster the seat anyway.

But like I said, the newer seat as a whole will still fit all the Club Car DS bodies from 1981-up no problem.

I don't know where you're located but I believe I have at least two sets of the old tube-style style hip restraints.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 10:52 AM   #10
Ezgoesit123
Not Yet Wild

I appreciate all the information. I think for now I will stay on the hunt for the original frame and hopefully find a gem somewhere. If that doesn't work I may do as you have advised.

I did ask the question a little earlier in the thread...do you know the diameter and length of the clutch retainer bolt? It seems to be a fine thread 3/8 to me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car